Category Archives: Hotels & Hospitality
Merchandise Lead – Full Time
This is a full-time opportunity working in the Graceland Gift shops. Under the general supervision of the Merchandise Supervisors, assist with training and motivating merchandise associates. Maintain appearance of the gift shops and perform associated duties as required. Act as a role model to others in following policies and procedures of the company/department. Provide guest relations. Assist merchandise associates with problems as requested and refer as appropriate. Other duties as assigned.
For a complete job description please visit our website!
Tour Associates – Part-Time
If you like to interact with people from all over the world and have great customer service skills – this is the job for you!
Under the supervision of the Tour Operations Manager/Supervisor, provide a quality tour to guest at Graceland in various positions through both verbal spiels and through audio. Assist with audio equipment in instruction to guests and with problems which might occur. Greet guests as well as answer questions and direct to the proper location.
For a complete job description please visit our website!
Groundskeeper/Landscaper – Seasonal
Currently seeking a candidate with previous experience in the grounds-keeping and landscaping to help maintain Graceland and Elvis Presley’s Memphis!
Assist the maintenance manager in maintaining healthy and well-maintained lawns, gardens, trees, and shrubbery to create a positive first impression. Follow the plan design by the manager in planting flowers, shrubs, etc. on Elvis Presley’s properties. Assist in resolving gardening/landscaping problems/concerns. Assist in assuring safety and appearance. Maintain grounds by watering trees, flowers, grass, shrubs; mulch flower beds; spray lawn and shrubs with required chemicals. Rake leaves; blow driveways and pathways to keep clear and safe from debris. Drive equipment to other properties and pick up supplies as needed. Assist other departments as needed or required.
For a complete job description please visit our website!
Please go online to apply and to see a complete listing of our open positions!
Closing Date 5/15/18
We are doing our hiring for the 2018 season. Looking for Food and Beverage personnel, we need cooks, front bar, and Beverage Cart, people! Above average pay, full time and a drug-free work environment. Come by 6195 Woodstock Cuba Rd, Millington, Tennessee Monday thru Friday this week 9-2, if you cannot make this time please call 259-4903 to make arrangements.
Looking for hardworking and compassionate team members and shift leaders.
Only at Chick-fil-a Paragon Place
Click the link below to apply:
Apply ON-SITE Mon-Fri 9am-11am or
email your resume to email@example.com
February I LOVE TO WORK Series
FREE and OPEN to the public and some of the employers will have
“Background Friendly” positions available.
Feb 8th – 10am to 12pm – Janitorial
Feb 8th – 2pm – Warehouse/Forklift
The Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Memphis Tennessee is having a Hiring Fair on Friday, January 26, 2018, from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the theater, located on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building, room BW 218. The VA Medical Center is located at 1030 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104.
- Experienced Registered Nurses (RN)
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistant/Nursing Assistants (CNA/NA)
- Medical Support Assistant
- Program Support Assistants
- Administrative Officer
- Secretary, Human Resources Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Food service worker
- Housekeeping aid
- Patient ambassadors/escorts
Read below for more details. Continue reading
Field Crew: Are you a hands-on person who likes to work outside and doesn’t mind getting dirty? Be part of the crew that cares for one of the finest fields in baseball. Responsibilities include maintaining mounds/plates, batting practice setup/teardown, game setup, and much, much, more. Day and night shifts are available, typically six hours in length.
Box Office Ticket Seller: Responsible for quickly and accurately completing ticket transactions for a designated Box Office window. Must be able to handle cash, answer phones, and provide premium customer service to all fans. Shifts are four-five hours per game.
Ushers: Ushers should be outgoing, enthusiastic, and eager to assist Guests with whatever they may need. Responsibilities range from scanning tickets at gates, giving general information and directions throughout the park, checking tickets for seating or club areas, helping maintain a safe environment for Guests, and much more. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Most positions require standing for long periods of time and are also outside in the heat. Shifts will typically last from four-five hours, but can run longer or shorter.
Usher Supervisor: Usher Supervisors will assist guests and support the ushers in a designated zone of the stadium. Supervisors must familiarize themselves with and help enforce AutoZone Park’s ground rules for Guests and other policies for Guest safety. Supervisors will have a radio and must maintain open communication with Dispatch, other supervisors, and Front Office personnel. Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Most positions require standing for long periods of time and are also outside in the heat. Shifts will typically last from four-five hours, but can run longer or shorter.
Bat Boys/Girls: Responsible for setting up/breaking down batting practice, shagging foul balls during batting practice, setting up/breaking down dugouts and bullpens, collecting bats and balls during the game, assisting umpires, trainers and clubhouse personnel, and more. Averages five-plus hours per game.
Redbirds Promotional Team (Men and Women): Are you energetic and love to interact with people? The Memphis Redbirds are seeking very energetic, humorous, and friendly men and women to join the Promotional Team for the 2018 season! The Promotional Team provides entertainment for Memphis Redbirds fans during gamedays and outside appearances throughout the year. Promotional Team members need to feel comfortable in front of large crowds but also in one-on-one settings interacting with our guests and providing great customer service. Promotional Team members must also promote the Redbirds’ brand of family friendly environment. The Promotional Team sets up and executes in-game promotions, leads the crowd in cheers and rallies from the top of the dugout, and entertains and interacts with the crowd from entrance until exit.
Dave & Buster’s, the fast-growing, adult-friendly entertainment chain, is on its way to Memphis in The Commons of Wolfcreek.
The opening is set for Feb. 5th, and the company is hiring over 200 employees to fill positions, including, but not limited to, bartenders, chefs, managers, plus so much more!
Apply Online: https://www.daveandbusters.com/careers
Closing Date: 3/30/18
Elvis Presley Enterprises – Apply Online: https://www.graceland.com/jobs/
JOB TITLE: Ecology Lead (Janitorial/Custodial)
DEPARTMENT: Ecology (Janitorial)
This is a full-time position located in the Ecology Department with variable/flexible working hours to include weekends, holidays and overtime as required. Benefits will be offered after successful completion of a sixty (60) day introductory period. This is a promotional opportunity and is an internal/external recruitment.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Ecology Supervisor, delegate assignments to associates to assure day to day operations needs are met; assist in training associates and motivating staff; assist in ordering supplies; ensure the cleanliness of the buildings, restrooms, parking lots and outside areas along the plaza shops by emptying trash, mopping and sweeping/vacuuming floors to meet county and city health codes; assist with preparation and break down of special events/parties; assist guests with needs and questions; other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated experience working in related position involving cleaning tasks; ability to cope with extremely heavy workload; excellent communication and interpersonal skills both in person and on the telephone are essential; ability to perceive and deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality; ability to deal successfully with a wide range of people; ability to work under pressure of deadlines and competing needs; skill in the care and use of tools and equipment; knowledge of the use of chemicals; knowledge of Memphis and Shelby county health codes; ability to operate and clean equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stoop, reach walk and stand for long periods; ability to lift boxes weighing up to 50lbs; speak clearly and distinctly.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Uniform is required; work in a non-smoking work area; knowledge of Health Codes and requirements and proper documentation required by OSHA.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work flexible hours, holidays, weekends, and overtime as required; ability to work outside in all types of weather conditions.
JOB TITLE: eCommerce Sales and Merchandising Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Merchandising Department
This is a full-time position located in the Merchandising Department with working hours Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. to include weekends, holidays, evenings as required. Benefits will be offered after successful completion of a sixty (60) day introductory period. This is a promotional opportunity and is an internal/external recruitment.
• Under the general direction of the Director of Merchandising manage and oversee all aspects of eCommerce for store.graceland.com.
• Must have an appreciation for music and the Elvis Presley brand
• Assist with implementing online merchandising techniques and store promotions
• Coordinate with the internal and external team as well as vendors to accomplish website merchandising goals
• Maintain and coordinate the central promotions and content calendar for events, email, advertising and website promotions
• Develop timelines and aggregate content
• Act as an advocate on behalf of the customer if necessary
• Monitor online sales forecasts and collaborate with business unit leaders as required
• Compile, maintain and distribute reports related to store traffic, sales, digital advertising and promotion results from a variety of sources with key data including, but not limited to, Shopify.
• Create, develop and manage content for multiple websites and social networking sites.
• E-newsletter communications to both internal and external subscribers.
• Support and assist with online projects, new initiative launches and other promotional activities as needed.
• Write online copy and guide development.
• Assist in-house videographer in the production of video and podcast contest for posting online as needed.
• Research and propose ideas for new online strategies, promotional opportunities and increasing the online fan base.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Strong organizational and project management skills are required;
• 3 to 5 years of digital project management experience with a focus in eCommerce is preferred
• Knowledge and understanding of various components of the digital environment including social media content best practices are necessary
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes
• Must be able to develop strong relationships with internal and external customers
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal & written
• Knowledge of EPE, Graceland, and Elvis Presley is essential (or must be able to acquire such knowledge on the job rapidly)
• Ability to cope with extremely heavy and varied workload
• Must have a working knowledge of computers
• Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to prioritize and work with minimum supervision
• Ability to perceive and deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to deal successfully with a wide range of people
• Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and competing need
• Ability to exercise good judgment and make sound decisions
• Other Duties as Assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time; ability to lift boxes weighing up to 25lbs; ability to stoop and reach.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: No smoking in the work area; uniform is required. Attend meetings as required. Must be able to work in confidential area. Willingness/ability to travel when necessary.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work flexible hours and overtime as required.
Apply Online: https://www.graceland.com/jobs/
Closing Date: 12/22/17
MEMPHIS HOUSING AUTHORITY JOB POSTING NOTICE
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: Felony records will be reviewed and drug testing shall be required prior to employment. A physical examination limited to job-related necessity may also be required. Testing for some positions, oral and/or written, may be administered based on job-related functions.
POSITION: ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
No. of Positions (1)
DEPARTMENT: ASSET MANAGEMENT
SALARY: $ 40,465.11
POSTING BEGINS: 12/5/17 POSTING EXPIRES: 12/15/17
Must have two years accredited work acquiring at least 50 semester hours, on their quarterly comparability, plus at least one year of experience in assisting in the general operation of housing properties, social services, programs, an institutional facility or welfare agency, or equivalent combination of education and related work experience. One (1) year supervisory experience. Must be computer literate, as reporting requirements requires daily report communications. Certification by the Department of Housing and Urban Development as a Public Housing Manager (PHM) preferred but if not, will require PHM certification within 12 months of hire.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for and assist with rent collecting, money deposits, posting of monthly rent, determining rent basis for new residents and assessing charges for maintenance repairs and replacements. Take firm positive action to collect all rents.
2. Responsible for and assist foreman/building engineer in processing work requests received from residents. Assist in establishment of maintenance work priorities.
3. Responsible for and assist property manager in all day-to-day functions of the development including preparing and submitting all weekly reports in absence of manager.
4. Responsible for and assist with the preparation of the annual property budget and other required general and statistical reports originating at the property.
5. Responsible for and assist with counseling all unsatisfactory housekeepers and eviction, if housekeeping habits do not improve.
Applications or resumes may be filed at Memphis Housing Authority, 700 Adams Ave., Memphis, TN 38105, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All application or resumes must reach the Authority before the close of business on 12/15/17.
MEMPHIS HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Appointments will be based on merit as it relates to position requirements without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex
or national origin or disability.