Category Archives: Human Resources
Workers’ Compensation Compliance Specialist 1
The TN Bureau of Workers’ Compensation is looking for a Bachelor graduate with two years’ experience in administering insurance or workers’ compensation claims, or conducting investigations, or construction service experience.
You will have an opportunity to grow and develop your skills, gain work experience and serve others. You will also be given the opportunity to become a notary public.
What’s in it for you:
- Immediate access to State benefits
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Collaborative Environment
Requirements Are Simple:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree AND experience equivalent to two years of full-time work in one or a combination of the following: administering insurance or workers’ compensation claims; or conducting investigations, or construction services experience.
- Substitution of Education for Experience: Additional qualifying experience as described above may substitute for the required education to a maximum of four years.
- Candidates must be eligible to become a notary public
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license with a safe driving record.
- You will perform computer based research and maintain accurate file documentation such as activity notes electronically.
- Perform onsite inspections to evaluate factors that deal with non-compliance.
- Prepare investigation reports for review to assigned attorney to determine compliance/non-compliance and to determine assessment and/or legal action.
- You will provide answers to questions about compliance with Workers’ Compensation Law.
- Communicate with parties in-person or by telephone, fax, email and/or written correspondence during the course of an investigation to obtain information needed to determine the appropriate outcome of the investigation.
- Follow the established policy and procedures of the Bureau for investigations of possible non-compliance.
- You will evaluate records created or obtained from various sources to determine compliance with Workers’ Compensation laws.
- You can educate employers, employees, insurance professionals, CPAs and other professionals on compliance with Workers’ Compensation laws.
- Investigate referrals and other inquiries to determine compliance with the Workers’ Compensation laws.
- May assess, negotiate and collect penalties in accordance with Bureau policies and procedures associated with non-compliance of the Workers’ Compensation laws and Rules and Regulations.
- Document activities and results of investigations in accordance with program protocols.
- If assigned, initiate specialized investigations related to fraud.
- You will complete Expedited Request for Information related to the Uninsured Employers Fund benefit, if assigned.
Salary Range and Schedule:
- Depending on experience you may earn $3,053-$4,883
- Full time schedule 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday
- State car that is assigned to the office will be used, if available, to travel around assigned area
- Position is located in the Memphis metropolitan area
Apply by sending your resume and a copy of your certification or transcript by May 8, 2019 to: Amanda.Terry@tn.gov
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
- Mechanic (2 vacancies) General Services/Fleet
- Administrative Assistant Police Services
- Crime Analyst (3 openings) Police Services
- Senior Personnel Analyst Public Works
- Benefits Coordinator Human Resources
- HR Intelligence Analyst Human Resources
|Job Title & Description||Human Resources Business Partner
Purpose and Scope
Essential Job Functions
Nine (9) total years of HR or related work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
|Contact Procedures (How the applicant should apply for the position.)||https://schoolsupportapply-scsk12.icims.com/jobs/15839/human-resources-business-partner-%28non-instructional%29/job|
MEMPHIS LIGHT, GAS & WATER DIVISION
Job Recording (901) 528-4241
OPENING DATE: NOVEMBER 2, 2018
CLOSING DATE: NOVEMBER 16, 2018
JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCE REPRESENTATIVE 2
Duties: Apply intermediate professional level work to research, interview and
investigate various complaints, claims, and inquiries concerning human
resources issues; review, develop, administer and communicate programs;
interview/select part-time and full-time employees; prepare and analyze
statistical data for internal/external reporting; maintain a computerized
tracking system; establish/maintain contact with outside agencies for
recruitment, claims and information purposes; prepare summaries, articles,
publications, reports and other pertinent documents; work on projects; and
train/inform employees in human resources policies/practices; fair
employment laws, insurance/pension benefits or benefit laws/regulations.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics,
Insurance, English or related area, with 2-4 years professional-level
experience in employee selection/recruitment. Must successfully
complete Lopez Assessment Certification within 90 day period if
employed in Employment Services. A professional accreditation as a
Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) preferred. Must have
computer software skills in word processing, presentation and
spreadsheets. Must have a valid driver’s license from state of residence.
Works inside majority of time. Subject to hazards associated
with conducting interviews and investigations.
If there are no qualified bidders for Human Resources
Representative 2, bidders will be considered for Human
Resources Representative 1.
CANDIDATES ACCEPTING EMPLOYMENT WITH MLGW MUST LIVE AND
MAINTAIN THEIR RESIDENCE WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF SHELBY
COUNTY, TENNESSEE WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF THEIR EMPLOYMENT DATE.
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB GO TO:
Recruiting Assistants travel throughout geographic areas to visit with community-based organizations, attend promotional events and conduct other recruiting activities. This position is a Work at Home position.
Office Operations Supervisors assist in the management of office functions and day-to-day activities in one or more functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
Clerks perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support various functional areas, including payroll, personnel, recruiting, field operations and support.
Census Field Supervisors conduct fieldwork to support and conduct on-the-job training for census takers and/or to follow-up in situations where census takers have confronted issues, such as not gaining entry to restricted areas. This position is a Work at Home position.
Census Takers work in the field. Some field positions require employees to work during the day to see addresses on buildings. Other field positions require interviewing the public, so employees must be available to work when people are usually at home, such as in the evening and on weekends. This position is a Work at Home position.
· Heavy Equipment Supervisor Public Works
· Environmental Engineer Public Works
· Risk Assessor Inspector Housing & Community Development
· Planner Scheduler Public Works
· Engineer Designer A Engineering
· A/C Refrigeration Svc Tech (2 openings) General Services
· Planner Scheduler Public Works
· Community Data Coordinator Executive
· Information Security Officer Information Systems
· Research Analyst Legislative
· Compensation Specialist Human Resources
· Wellness Fitness Specialist (2 openings) Human Resources
Please apply for positions at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/memphistn