Financial Rights Advocate/Reviewer
DRT is looking for a financial rights advocate/reviewer to be part of an expanding team. This position is responsible for the review of Social Security Administration (SSA) representative payees to ensure compliance, as well as education of representative payees regarding responsibilities and resources. This position seeks to ensure that individuals with disabilities who are social security beneficiaries are protected from financial misuse, mismanagement, or fraud.
This position will work in the West Tennessee Regional Office in Memphis, as well as travel extensively throughout West Tennessee and possibly to other regions of the state. Overnight travel may on occasion be required for this position. Day to day work will take place in a variety of settings including beneficiary’s homes, community locations, or representative payee offices.
This position reports directly to the Director of Advocacy-West Tennessee. This is a non-exempt professional position.
- Conduct site visits to interview representative payees, beneficiaries, and legal guardians Review confidential and private financial records
- Document observations and collect evidence and information of value to report to the Social Security Administration regarding the wellbeing of beneficiaries and representative payee execution of requirements
- Review and analyze financial records to assess violations or potential incidents of mismanagement of beneficiary funds
- Conduct visits to beneficiary housing to identify possible health and safety violations, and ensure appropriate use of beneficiary funds
- Prepare comprehensive reports detailing the interviews, financial reviews, site visit, referrals and recommendations
- Develop corrective action plans to assist representative payees in conforming to requirements specified by the Social Security Administration
- Participates in outreach, information gathering, presentations, and trainings as needed to further the program
- Collaborates with Director of Community Relations to develop content for newsletter articles, social media, annual report, and other publications.
- Assists the Program and Quality Director as needed in the completion of required reports including but not limited to annual Program Performance Reports and reports to DRT’s Board of Directors.
- Participates in professional development activities.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director, Director of Advocacy, or Program and Quality Director.