Help keep the big rigs moving! Trucking brings America the food, electronics, and other products families need every day. You can make a difference by using your skills with a Mid-South leader in trucking, Wooten Transports.
Memphis, TN 38106 (Downtown area)
Maintenance Technicians/PM Mechanics Needed $15 – $23 an hour
Responsible for financial reporting and analysis and ensuring financial activity is accurate. To support the CFO and Accounting Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance I Accounting Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The statements contained here reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. The position description is in compliance with American with Disabilities Act.
Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
Track and monitor the obligation and expenditure of funds by grant number, contract number, account number and line item number, if applicable
Ensure grant funds are drawn timely on the proper accounts
Ensure Performance and Evaluation (P&E) reports and related grant reports are reconciled with the PHA’s LOCCS system and General Ledger reports
Develop, maintain, and monitor budgets and budgetary controls
Recommend and prepare necessary budget revisions and support documentation to submit for HUD approval
Prepare and present monthly financial reports in the timeframe established by the Agency
Prepare, process and submit all HUD required reports in the established timeframe, including, but not limited to: 5 Year Capital Plan Updates and Annual Statements, Annual P&E Reports, Budget Revisions, Quarterly Reports and Final Financial Reports
Prepare and maintain all records and documentation regarding the financial management for all grants including loan activity
Develop, track and maintain database for funds received from, but not limited to, Program Income, City of Memphis, Housing Community Development Division, Partners,
Ensure the integrity of financial statements by reviewing, reconciling, and monitoring financial transactions
Identify deficiencies accurately and in a timely manner, and recommends and/or implements effective solutions with proper documentation of analysis and results
Assist with financial activity closeouts and financial audits
Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
Coordinate and conduct in-services for staff and clients
Conduct performance update meetings with managers and consultants
Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as
The mission of Restore Corps is to eradicate human trafficking by empowering survivors, equipping communities & changing systems of injustice. We are a Christian, faith-based organization with a focus on professional excellence.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Engagement & Education Coordinator will be responsible for the growth & cultivation of strategic partnerships & stakeholders in the community, especially pertaining to education & prevention trainings. The Community Engagement & Education Coordinator will facilitate educational seminars, participate on panels, & provide internal & external trainings on Restore Corps Human Trafficking Curriculum presentations. She/he will initially develop deep knowledge of field, core programs, operations, & business plans.
Responsibilities Education & Training Curriculum:
● Coordinate & facilitate community-based trainings on human trafficking, engaging with diverse audiences & clearly communicating presentation objectives
● Create engaging reports, presentations, & informational materials catering to specific audience engagement, including youth, faith-based organizations, health-care providers, law enforcement, service providers, board members, volunteers, staff and more
● Maintain concise data organization, tracking quality of trainings, pre & post assessments, & coordinating all details & scheduling for speaking requests
● Coordinate all speaking requests allocated to the Executive Director & prepare presentation materials & coordinate event details, as needed
● Facilitate trauma-informed trainings for all volunteers by working with the Volunteer Coordinator, & initiate the Train the Trainer Restore Corps program
● Maintain current & in-depth knowledge of human trafficking trends, including national & local events, as well as past & present TN law & legislative efforts
● Ensure all-training content is consistent with TASA (Tennessee Anti-Slavery Alliance) standardized terminology, is holistically communicated, & includes
honoring language & content concerning all survivors of commercial exploitation
Community Engagement & Events:
● Lead & coordinate monthly prostitution diversion course, communicating with all community collaborators, & engaging with district attorney’s office & local law enforcement to bolster visibility & effectiveness of the course
● Respond to all requests from community partners for ministry fairs & community engagement events, hosting interest tables, recruiting volunteers, & engaging with potential & existing community partners
● Create & facilitate a community-wide engagement & awareness event campaign bolstering organization & local human trafficking visibility during Human Trafficking Awareness Month
● Work with the Executive Director & Director of Survivor Services to create a community engagement & collaboration plan with local anti-trafficking organizations, including innovating a TASA seal of approval program
Administration & Executive Support:
● Assist in coordination & organization of all-team staff meetings, conference calls, preparation for board meetings, & community stakeholder meetings;
● Organize & track community engagement & event calendars, & coordinate scheduling for Executive Director & Director of Survivor Services community meeting & speaking schedules
● Participate in at least one national conference, & travel in state occasionally for anti-trafficking speaking engagements & legislative events
● Assist with any special projects as directed by the Executive Director
● Attend all-team staff meetings & maintain up-to-date knowledge or Restore Corps’ client base & synthesize residential & non-residential program updates to include in marketing visibility & effective training strategies
● Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Education, Social Work or other related field
● Minimum of 2 years experience in community engagement or prevention education
● Excellent communication skills
● Strong interpersonal relationship abilities
● Must also be able to work independently as well as in group settings
● Excellent, proven managerial & organizational skills
● Demonstrated ability to understand & articulate best practices around services for at-risk individuals & families
● Demonstrated ability to work with underserved populations & to educate community stakeholders on systemic injustice
● Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, & Google Suite
● Experience with Adobe Suite, a plus
● People-oriented with demonstrated ability to build rapport & gain trust with diverse populations
● Ability & willingness to work irregular hours when training needs dictate.
● Fast learner, quick mind, capacity for hard work.
● Valid driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance & access to reliable personal transportation; ability to travel throughout West Tennessee
● Sense of humor
Initial & subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy. A background check is required.
The ideal applicant must be willing & able to embrace & exemplify our Corps Values & Statement of Faith.
This is currently part-time position, with the potential to increase to full-time. Willingness to work evening & weekend hours, as training requests dictate.
Commensurate with experience & training. Will include mileage reimbursement for travel outside Shelby County. Full-time package will also include: paid time off, offer for health insurance coverage, & 401K match after 1 year.
No phone calls accepted for this position. Please submit a cover letter & resume email@example.com.
Comments Off on Community Engagement & Education Coordinator position available
MEMPHIS LIGHT, GAS & WATER DIVISION http://jobs.mlgw.org Job Recording (901) 528-4241 OPENING DATE: JUNE 11, 2019 CLOSING DATE: JULY 5, 2019
JOB TITLE: MECHANIC Duties: Perform mechanical maintenance/repair work on Division vehicles and heavy equipment in shop and/or field.
Associate degree in Automotive Technology or related degree; or successfully completed Mechanic Apprenticeship program; or have four (4) current ASE/FPS certifications; or four (4) years experience in the diagnosis, repair and maintenance of automotive vehicles, or medium duty trucks or heavy equipment. ASE certifications A1-Engine Repair, or T1-Gasoline Engines, or T2- Diesel Engines and A6-Electrical/Electronics Systems or T6- Electrical/Electronic Systems are required, and based on departmental needs the two (2) remaining certifications will be determined from an approved ASE/FPS list. The approved ASE/FPS list includes: A1-A8; T1-T6, T8; F1; L1; and/or FPS certifications which include Mobile Hydraulic Mechanic, Hydraulic Technician and/or Application/Electronics Specialist. Must obtain a valid Class A Commercial driver’s license from state of residence within trial or probationary period after entering classification. Must successfully complete Placement (Group 03C “Mechanics”)/Performance Exercises. Must pass Color Blind I Test. Must be able to differentiate sounds when making adjustments.
Works inside and outside. Subject to hazards of operating machinery and irritation from oils, solvents, chemicals and fumes. Make service calls in the field. Performs heavy lifting. Subject to climbing, standing/walking for extended periods, and working in uncomfortable positions.
CANDIDATES ACCEPTING EMPLOYMENT WITH MLGW MUST LIVE AND MAINTAIN THEIR RESIDENCE WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF SHELBY COUNTY, TENNESSEE WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF THEIR EMPLOYMENT DATE.
Schulte Hospitality Group was formed by several generations of
experienced and quality innkeepers who had a passion for the business and the
drive and fortitude sought by many owners. We have assembled an experienced
team with talents encompassing all aspects of hospitality that has meant
measured success for our clients, loyalty and pride from our employees and
recognition in the industry.
The Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel is located on the vintage
Memphis Main Street Trolley line; we provide easy access to some of downtown’s
most notable attractions. Our 600 stylish guestrooms and suites feature magnificent
city views. With more than 12,000 square feet of versatile function space, the
Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel is perfect for productive business meetings as
well as elegant wedding receptions. The hotel is also connected to the Memphis
Cook Convention Center, which offers more than 350,000 square feet of venues.
Schulte Hospitality we believe that it is the people that are our biggest
asset. The special service touches that make our hotels unique and stand out
above the competition are only provided by a caring and engaged staff.
our hotels we provide competitive benefits along with an atmosphere designed to
encourage and promote a career path within the company.
The essential function of the position within the organization is to serve as liaison between District staff and students and parents whose primary spoken language is one other than English. The position is responsible for providing academic assistance to students in the English as a Second Language (ESL) program; interpreting for students, parents and teachers, and performing other duties as assigned. The position works under general supervision according to some procedures; decides how and when to complete task
*Make sure to visit scsk12.org/careers and ensure that you have a profile in the system.
Local 24 and CW30, the Nexstar Media Group duopoly in Memphis, is searching for a sales SUPERSTAR! This is a great place to be and our people love to work here. If that’s the kind of atmosphere that you want, then you need to be armed with creativity and a “can do…go get’em, never say die” attitude every day. We provide the tools and environment to achieve an unlimited income. You just need to be ready to offer the best ideas and creative solutions across our television and digital platforms. We need the next member of our team to bring brilliance, ability, passion and commitment.
Develops new and non-traditional revenue through consistent and creative prospecting.
Meets with customers, listens and assesses their needs, and provides customized, creative and successful marketing solutions which produce results.
Provides clients with ideas utilizing both broadcast television and online products.
Enhances revenue through the development of new client base by utilizing station marketing and research resources; this responsibility includes developing ideas, building and presenting solutions, selling local promotions and sponsorships, and proactively merchandising all station properties.
Services existing agencies and direct client businesses by utilizing station marketing and research resources; this responsibility includes developing presentations, negotiating business, selling local promotions and sponsorships, and proactively merchandising all station properties.
Other responsibilities as assigned by station management.
Minimum 2 years sales experience; College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience using psychographic research and/or other marketing research tools is helpful. Computer literacy with MS Office is required.
The ability to work as a team player is an essential attribute.
Creativity, flexibility, and ability to change with our industry are also keys to success.
Strong communication skills and customer service skills.
Strong organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
Current valid driver’s license and excellent driving history required.
This position directly reports to a Local Sales Manager.