Category Archives: Part-Time Jobs
· Library Agency Manager III (Raleigh) Library
· Maintenance-Waste Water Public Works
· Pipe Layer Public Works
· Office Support Clerk Public Works
· Tree Trimmer Parks & Neighborhoods
· Public Services Specialist Library
Please apply @ https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/memphistn
|Company:||Memphis Burial Vault Co.|
|Job Title & Description||Burial Vault Service Technician
Memphis Burial Vault Co.
Memphis, TNJob type – Part Time, Saturday only
You are required to pass a DOT physical, drug screen, have a current driver’s license and willing to work every Saturday.
THIS JOB REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING:
Locating the cemetery and driving safely with the vault secured. Working outdoors in all types of weather conditions, some extreme heat or cold, rain and snow. Lifting and carrying equipment weighing up to eighty pounds across the cemetery grounds to the gravesite. There is some strenuous work consisting of lifting, balancing, carrying, and kneeling.
VAULT DELIVERY DUTIES:
|Contact Procedures (How the applicant should apply for the position.)||Email your resume to email@example.com.|
Eye Level Learning Center – Southwind, Memphis -TN -Part-time
|Dynamic after school enrichment learning center seeking experienced English and Math instructor to tutor students from Preschool into early High School. All teaching materials are provided. The instructor will work with students on an individual or small group setting. Must be flexible with changes in setting and time. This is a part-time, year-round position.
* College student or above with at least 20 units completed
* Excellent communication skills with adults and children
* Sense of responsibility
* Patience, enthusiasm, willingness to work with children
* Hours can be discussed at the interview (minimum of 10 hours/week)
* Proficient knowledge in Math, Reading and Writing – all candidates will be tested in Math, Reading and Writing, prior to the interview
* Provide appropriate academic coaching to students according to the Center policy.
* Motivate and encourage students to become confident, happy, and Self-directed learners (incentives, certificates, etc.)
* Discuss with Director of students’ progress after every session or end of business day
* Personnel (instructor, center assistant) management
* May start off with grading booklets in the beginning to become familiar with the program
* Additional responsibilities: filing & organizing student folders, and keeping track of available inventory/books
* Compensation: based on qualifications & experience.
If you are interested in this position, please Call to: 901-207-7072. ATTN: “YOUR NAME” or by —
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $9 to $11 per hour
Job Title: Lethality Assessment Program (LAP) Advocate
Reports To: Emergency Housing Manager
Status: Part-time 29 hours per week
Positions Supervised: None
Hours: Per assigned shift
Family Safety Center of Memphis and Shelby County, Inc. is a non-profit organization located in Memphis, TN, whose purpose is to effectively combine civil, criminal, health and social services in order to help victims of family violence. We are seeking a Lethality Assessment Program Advocate who is highly motivated and organized to be part of a team of organizations and partners that are involved in the Connecting Victims of Family Violence to Supportive Services program. This position requires teamwork and flexibility within the work environment to meet client needs. This position will report to the Emergency Housing Manager and will be an integral part of the growth of the organization. This is a grant funded position.
Job Summary: Provides client centered services to connect individuals and families exposed and impacted by family violence to needed resources and services. Responds to hotline calls during assigned hours. Provides consultation, case management, and information, completes administrative records, performs client follow-up and referrals, performs supportive services consistent with the applicable regulations, assists with and participates in professional development activities and client community outreach. Assists clients in accessing services from on-site partners that accommodate the individual needs of the client
After Hours On-call Duties:
- Responds to crisis calls from law enforcement during assigned hours nights, weekends and holidays in accordance with established schedule.
- Provides crisis intervention, supportive services and referral services in a trauma informed manner for all calls received from the Lap line.
- Performs assessments for the emergency domestic violence shelter program.
- For eligible clients, secures placement and arranges for the safe transport of the client to the shelter if requested by client.
- Provides documents the next business day to Housing Manager for all accepted clients.
- Contacts the Housing Manager and refers individual to meet with Family Safety Center Navigator to access services the next business day.
- Provides follow-up with client to identify any additional service needs and/or barriers to accessing services.
Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of domestic violence dynamics and its impact on children and families.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Good customer service and relationship skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural/ethnic differences.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task and function effectively under pressure.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of families from different cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated computer experience with word processing or varied software required.
Education and Experience
- Requires associate degree in social work or other relevant education and/or training.
- Requires two years work experience working with individuals impacted by trauma.
- Requires experience in providing direct service, advocacy, or support for victims of trauma.
Family Safety Center Mission
Our mission is to provide one location that effectively combines civil, criminal, health and social services for victims of family violence.
Family Safety Center Vision
Our vision is a thriving community that embodies a spirit of compassion, collaboration and progressive change that values mutual respect, safety and serenity for all residents.
Family Safety Center Values
Honesty, Openness and Accountability Flexibility
Quality Collaborative Inclusive Teamwork
Dignity, Respect, Trust and Fairness Persistence, Resilience and Dedication
Diversity and Equality Hope, Healing, Safety and Justice
Interested applicants: Please send cover letter and resume with salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: June 6, 2018
To Apply : Email resume to email@example.com by 5/25/18
Warehouse – Material Handler
CAF offers a fast-paced, dynamic team work environment and the opportunity to grow with an environmentally friendly company revolutionizing the outdoor cleaning industry. The material handler is responsible for order processing and warehouse management. This includes, but is not limited to, preparing orders for shipment, receiving product, operating a forklift, repacking product, and maintaining a clean and safe workplace. The position requires outstanding organizational skills and the ability to work with little supervision. Must be willing to work in an environment with a high degree of multi-tasking and low allowance for failure. A majority (up to 90-95%) of employee’s time will be spent in the warehouse and the remainder will be in administrative work. CAF is the leading manufacturer of outdoor cleaning products and is looking for a highly motivated, team-player to join our operations team.
The material handler reports directly to CAF’s Product and Operations Manager, Riley Tubbs, who’s strong sense of dedication is not only to his company but to every member of his team. Riley’s management style is to build relationships with each member of his team, encourage each team member to problem solve without fear of failure, improve through goal setting and coaching and expect excellence from self and each other. Keys to Success in this position: strong desire to improve operational excellence on a daily basis, adapt quickly to constantly changing situations, team player with a leader mentality, decisiveness and a strong work ethic.
CompensationWage: $12-14 per hour DOE
Part time 25-29 Hours/Week (potential for up to 40 hours/week)
Other Comp: Paid CAF Holidays, CAF Bonus Program
- High School Diploma or GED
- Problem solving abilities
- Capable of lifting 60 LBS
- Organization skills & self starter
- Ability to follow complex instructions
- High attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license
- OSHA Compliant Forklift Training & Certification (not required)
- Pass drug and background screening