POSITION: Catering Assistant
LOCATION: Arlington, TN 38002
SUMMARY: A rare opportunity to join a fun, energetic and passionate team who loves food, good parties and selfies is now open! This well-respected catering firm with clients throughout the Greater Memphis area is growing and needs to add a new team member.
Responsible for maintaining the brands image and reputation onsite, the Catering Assistant provides personal, friendly and exceptional service to clients and guests while supporting the Event Coordinator and staff.
This entry-level position is well-suited for a dynamic individual, with or without previous experience, but eager to learn the ins and outs of this lively business. If you think you have the enthusiasm and go get ‘em attitude to hang with this creative and driven team, apply today!
- · Transport materials and food to and from the event area
- · Set up, decorate, and present/serve food according to specific directions and layout plans
- · Address client and/or guest concerns, questions and needs
- · Break down and clean up event space
- · Act as on-site event lead as needed
- · Assist with food prep as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- · High energy, personal drive, and excitement!
- · Excellent customer service and communication skills
- · Ability to excel in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- · Flexible and willing to help in all areas as needed
- · Job requires standing for long periods of time. Lifting, pulling, carrying and pushing items regularly. Bending, kneeling, and stooping are necessary for some functions of this position.
- · Talking, hearing and using hands to operate basic office and kitchen equipment.
- · Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus
SCHEDULE: Standard Monday thru Friday, 8 am to 4 pm with evenings and Saturdays only as needed for events and with notice. 40 hours per week only.
COMPENSATION: $13-15 per hour, advancement available
- · Health insurance available
- · Flexible schedule available
This is a temp-to-perm position with a 90-day term. At the end of that term, the successful candidate will be offered a full-time position with the Company. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and proven abilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This position requires the final candidate to successfully pass a background check.