Category Archives: Security & Law Enforcement
GardaWorld is the largest privately-owned security services company in the world and we are seeking dynamic candidates for our customer sites in Byhalia and Olive Branch, MS!
Entry level as well as Advanced Security Officer roles available immediately, ALL shifts!!
Advanced Security Officers should have a minimum of 1 year experience in Corrections, Law Enforcement or Military.
Please join us on Monday, November 4, 2019 – 9 am – 1 pm for ON SITE INTERVIEWS and Immediate Hiring Decisions!!
Where: Marshall County WIN (Workforce Investment Network) Northwest Community College
227 Hwy 309 South Byhalia, MS 38611
Candidates may apply via www.garda.com
Further information available at 901-441-5750
TN License #11963
Clarion Security is holding a Job Fair in their office located at
5496 Poplar Ave, Ste 3, Memphis, TN 38119 on
Wednesday, October 16th between 7am – 10am and between 4pm – 6pm.
Hiring is for Unarmed Security Officers mostly overnight but some first and second shifts.
Hiring will be on the spot for onboarding on Thursday the 17th.
May apply online ahead of the job fair at www.clarionsecurity.com.
MEMPHIS LIGHT, GAS & WATER DIVISION
OPENING DATE: AUGUST 28, 2019
CLOSING DATE: SEPTEMBER 4, 2019
JOB TITLE: SPECIAL OFFICER
Duties: Assist in the protection and security of Division personnel and property and any other phase of security work as directed. High school diploma or General Education Development (G.E.D.). Must have 2 years full-time Corporate Security or law enforcement experience. Must have a current Tennessee Armed Guard license and possess the appropriate registration card as required by the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, (current POST certified officers are exempt from this requirement). Must meet the qualifications to obtain and maintain a Special Deputy Sheriff’s Commission through the Shelby County Sheriff’s Department. Must complete NIMS Training within 1 year of entering job.
Must not have been convicted of or pleaded guilty to any felony or misdemeanor to any federal/state laws or city ordinance. Must have not been released or discharged under any condition other than honorable from any of the armed forces of the United States. Must have at least 20/70 vision in each eye corrected to 20/20 with normal color vision and depth perception. Must have a valid driver’s license from state of residence. Works inside and outside. Subject to hazards of security work. Shift work required.
CANDIDATES ACCEPTING EMPLOYMENT WITH MLGW MUST LIVE AND MAINTAIN THEIR RESIDENCE WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF SHELBY COUNTY, TENNESSEE WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF THEIR EMPLOYMENT DATE.
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB GO TO: http://jobs.mlgw.org
|Sheriff Patrol Officer (Deputy Sheriff)
Closes On: November 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM CST
|Works under general direction to perform necessary tasks to satisfy requirements legislated under the Powers and Duties of the Sheriff found in Tennessee Code Annotated, Chapters 8-8-201 and 8-8-213.
Pay Grade: 49H
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possess a GED.
2. Must be minimum age of 21, at the time of application.
3. Must be of high moral character.
4. Discharged under honorable conditions from Armed Forces, if applicable [TN POST Rule 1110-2-.03(1)(f)].
5. Will be screened for misdemeanor/felony record. (Must not have been convicted of or plead guilty to, or entered a plea of no contest to any felony charge or to any violation of federal or state laws or city ordinances relating to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor, or controlled substances).
6. Attend and successfully complete a State of Tennessee Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) approved basic police training academy.
7. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
Duties and Responsibilities
|1. Executes and returns process orders of the courts of record.
2. Aids and attends the courts as assigned.
3. Takes charge of custody of prisoners in the County Jail.
4. Serves, executes, and processes legally issued writs.
5. Makes initial investigations in response to dispatched calls for service.
6. Reviews and polices high accident locations and gives citations to violators.
7. Performs other duties as assigned to fulfill the requirements placed upon the office of the Sheriff Department.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|KSAs and Others –
1. Knowledge of the rules and regulations applicable.
2. Knowledge of traffic safety, or the use, care, and operation of the patrol vehicle under all conditions; and of the use and care of firearms and police liability.
3. Ability to master thorough on-the-job training during the first years of services.
4. Ability to deal with the public with courtesy and tact.
5. Ability to exercise good judgment and independent decision-making.
6. Ability to use self-defense techniques.
MINACT, INC., Dr. Benjamin L. Hooks Job Corps Center Security Officer: Continuous Internal / External Posting: (06.03.19 – 06.10.19)
MINACT, INC., Dr. Benjamin L. Hooks Job Corps Center positions: Utility Worker, Cook, Maintenance Mechanic, Security Officer and Substitute Residential Advisor: Continuous Internal / External Posting (04.24.19 – 05.01.19)
MINACT, INC.,Dr. Benjamin L. Hooks Job Corps CenterCareer Opportunity: Security Officer Posting Internal/External 03.14.2019 – 03.21.2019
- Mechanic (2 vacancies) General Services/Fleet
- Administrative Assistant Police Services
- Crime Analyst (3 openings) Police Services
- Senior Personnel Analyst Public Works
- Benefits Coordinator Human Resources
- HR Intelligence Analyst Human Resources