Applications Being Taken for the Mayor’s Youth Council
Shelby County Mayor Mark H. Luttrell, Jr. is looking for twenty (20) new members to serve on the Mayor’s Youth Council (MYC) during the next school year.
The advisory council is for young people in grades 9-12. Council members guide Mayor Luttrell on key issues related to youth.
“The council allows me to routinely hear the ideas and suggestions of our future leaders. It’s vital we listen to their opinions and create opportunities to help them succeed in business and civic affairs,” said Mayor Luttrell.
Last year, the council sponsored Shelby County Government Day that featured educational sessions about county divisions and bureaus. The MYC also conducted a mock debate which helped youth better understand the political process.
The MYC also conducts a forum at their monthly meetings to promote ways local businesses can include young people in their workforces.
Here are the requirements to serve on the Mayor’s Youth Council:
- Be in grades 9-12 during the 2017-2018 school year
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher in a public, private or homeschool curriculum
- Participate in the Shelby County Government Day on Friday, January 5, 2018
- Attend at least 7 out of 10 MYC meetings from August 2017 through May 2018
Applications are being accepted only online through midnight, May 22, 2017, at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CQF87FY.
For more information, contact David McKinney at email@example.com or call (901) 222-2000.
Kroger Youthworks 2017: Apply Today! | Memphis Urban League
- Summer Camp/After School Staff
- Janitor/Building Maintenance
- School Nutritionist/Cafeteria Manager
Please, no phone calls apply in person at 3528 Dr. Gene Crockett Ave or submit resume in person M-F from 8:30 AM-4:30 P.M.
Summer Youth Intern Application