Category Archives: Veterans
We’re Hiring Experienced RNs
The Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Memphis Tennessee is having a Hiring Fair on Friday, June 15, 2018, from 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM in the theater, located on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building, room BW 218. The VA Medical Center is located at 1030 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104. Parking will be available in the upper East Parking Lot off Jefferson Avenue.
We will be recruiting for experienced Registered Nurses (RNs). Applicants will be selected for immediate vacancies in all areas and specialties. Specific needs include Mental Health, Spinal Cord Injury, and Medical/Surgical areas. Interviews, fingerprints, and physicals will be conducted on site.
If selected, the following items are needed to receive a tentative job offer:
An updated resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- 10-2850a VA Application for Nurse
- Two matching forms of government issued ID (driver’s license, military ID, passport, social security card, voter registration card, immigration card, etc.)
- Proof of current nurse licensure
- Proof of current BLS/ACLS American Heart Association certification
- Unofficial transcripts
- For foreign education: Naturalization Papers, official CGFNS and/or ICD verification and official transcripts. These documents are not required by date of the Job Fair, but can take a considerable amount of time to secure. We ask that you initiate the process now to obtain these documents if needed.
Come and be a part of America’s largest integrated healthcare system and help us meet our mission to serve the Veteran through the delivery of timely, quality care by staff that demonstrates outstanding customer service, the advancement of health care through research and the education of tomorrow’s health care providers.
For more information about VA Nursing careers, visit: https://www.vacareers.va.gov/assets/common/print/Nurse_20Reasons.pdf
For more information regarding RN vacancies, email: MEMNurseRecruiter@va.gov
For more information regarding other vacancies, contact:
Human Resources Career Center
901.523.8990, extension 5928
The Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Memphis Tennessee is having a Hiring Fair on Friday, January 26, 2018, from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the theater, located on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building, room BW 218. The VA Medical Center is located at 1030 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104.
- Experienced Registered Nurses (RN)
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistant/Nursing Assistants (CNA/NA)
- Medical Support Assistant
- Program Support Assistants
- Administrative Officer
- Secretary, Human Resources Specialist
- Human Resources Assistant
- Food service worker
- Housekeeping aid
- Patient ambassadors/escorts
Read below for more details. Continue reading
The Veterans Affairs (VA) Medical Center in Memphis Tennessee is having a Job Fair on Friday, April 28, 2017 from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the theater, located on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building, room BW 218. For parking, enter the campus on Jefferson Avenue and follow the Job Fair signs. The VA Medical Center is located at 1030 Jefferson Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104.
The Workforce Investment Network will host the Veterans & Disability Job Fair at the Benjamin Hooks Library located
at 3030 Poplar Avenue on April 20, 2017 from 10am to 12pm.
For more information, please contact Phyllis Brunson