Announcement Date: September 14, 2017
Position Title: Primary Residential Counselor
Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
Salary: Determined based on education & experience
Location: Memphis, TN
Department: Primary House Program
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 Hours per week
Must be able to work the 2:30-11p shift
Deadline to Apply: open until filled
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Deliver counseling and group services to women with alcohol, drugs, or co-occurring disorders in a structured treatment program (ASAM Level III.5 & III.3).
- Provide case management to special needs and homeless population.
- Be responsible for overseeing the needs of the facility as far as housekeeping, food service, maintenance needs.
- Monitor clients and assist in day to day operations of the house.
- Reports and Recordkeeping
- College degree in a social science field. Master’s degree in a social science field preferred.
- LADAC in the state of Tennessee, or other licensing.
- Experience working with co-occurring population.
- Prefer experience in a residential setting.
- A working knowledge of the 12 Steps. Prefer a minimum of 5 years of personal experience with a minimum of 5 years continuous sobriety. Experience may substitute for some education.
- Prefer experience conducting trauma and process group theory sessions
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal, written and computer skills. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Internet use.
- Motivated to carry out directives with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of community resources and case management experience.
- Understand and practice various therapeutic approaches to counseling and case management.
- A positive, professional demeanor and maturity; the ability to deal with clients, the public and co-workers; exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Submit a criminal background check, and must not currently be under supervision of the courts.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a current resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and list of 3 professional references to: Veronica Brown at email@example.com fax to: 901-722-9023
Grace House’s mission is to provide the highest quality of care possible to women who are experiencing major life problems due to substance use disorders or co-occurring disorders in an environment that preserves and promotes the dignity of the woman served without regard to race, color, creed, gender, economic or social circumstances, or sexual orientation, or national origin. No woman is denied treatment because of a lack of resources. Grace House of Memphis is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit, and a United Way agency. We are licensed by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities, and accredited by CARF, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities.