Job Title: Housing Advocate
Program: Permanent Supportive Housing Program
Reports To: Program Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $28,000 – $30,000
Provides overall coordination of individualized services designed to help program participants obtain and remain in permanent housing; increase their skills and/or income; and achieve greater self-determination.
- Provide direct services to program participants;
- Aid program participants in obtaining food, clothing, other basic needs;
- Provide complete assessments of program participants;
- Assist participants in the development and implementation of individual service plans;
- Assist program participants in achieving goals;
- Assist program participants in securing and maintaining public benefits and entitlements;
- Facilitate groups and activities;
- Teach and/or assist program participants in developing ADL skills, communication and self-advocacy skills;
- Assist program participants with budgeting;
- Facilitate access to legal/advocacy services for program participants;
- Facilitate program participants involvement and community activities;
- Make referrals to community-based services;
- Advocate for needed services;
- Link program participants to employment and/or employment programs;
- Assist program participants in meeting the obligations of tenancy;
- Collaborate with property management to help program participants maintain housing;
- Maintain confidentiality of all program participants records;
- Participate in regular collaborative meetings of the housing and support services teams; a
- Provide other services as needed.
Qualifications: Bachelor of Social Work degree or equivalent. Other combinations of education and experience, if equivalent, may qualify an applicant for consideration.
To Apply: Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 901-907-0055 Attn: Tessica Eckford
Promise Development Corp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, familial status or disability.