Application deadline: Until filled
Duration: 3 months
Shifts: Mornings, afternoons, nights, weekends
The Neely Agency has immediate internship openings for graphic design students who are eager to test their skills and gain experience in this exciting industry. We are looking for motivated, ambitious, self-starting young professionals who are seeking to expand their knowledge, push the envelope of career possibilities and gain an edge in the graphic design, public relations, publicity and event planning industry. The Intern will work with us from conceptual idea through design, layout, and creation of high-quality digital and print artwork. This position is responsible for producing marketing and advertising material as well as trade show support materials. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of visual style with exceptional graphic design skills specific to print and digital communications media.
Students selected for the internship will receive a monthly gas stipend and a $500 stipend at the completion of the internship. You must also receive academic credit for this position and you must complete the entire internship to receive the $500 stipend.
You must be:
- A college student with at least a 2.0 overall GPA
- Able to receive college credit for this internship
- A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently
- A creative self-starter who can work well under constant deadline
- Able to multi-task
- A sophomore, junior or senior
You must have:
- A cell phone that connects to the internet and takes photo/video for social media assignments
- Access to a personal laptop
- Access to a camera if it applies to your position
- A sense of humor
- Discretion (we don’t need people talking about our clients outside of the work-place)
- Some knowledge of celebrities
- Graphic and web design software
Preferred but not required:
(Those these are not required you must be able to get back and forth to the office on your own to make your shift and assignments.)
- Your own car
- A driver’s license
A note to applicants: At least one year of experience in your major is preferred but not required. We are willing to train and work with those with an open and willing mind. Know-it-alls need not apply.
Basic Qualifications for all interns: Students must have exceptional PowerPoint and presentation building skills, good oral and written communication skills; Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail. Students must also have excellent time and resource management skills.
Graphic Design: Students will assist with creating and developing marketing, advertising and promotional designs. They will also:
- Assist with creating and developing sales, marketing and executive presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Provide artistic and creative guidance to functional areas regarding established branding standards for use of images, symbols, trademarks, colors, etc.
- Keep current with emerging design techniques, trends and any developing technology
- Complete all responsibilities within established guidelines, objectives and deadlines
- Must be knowledgeable of Usage of Graphic Design Software and Web Design Programming.
Social Media: Students will help manage social media accounts by creating a social media seeding calendar for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Bezzirk and Vine. They will also do live updates for different events and television shows and create engaging content for social media posts.
Learning more about large-scale event planning: Students will assist in event planning, set up, and take down of The Neely Agency events in the weeks, days before, of and after the expo. Students will also create content to help market events.
Job Location: Memphis, TN, United States
To Apply: Email email@example.com with resume, contact information, and at least three clips/samples of your work relevant to the internship you are seeking. The subject line should say: Awesome Internship. Do not attach a cover letter.
Please note that applications without a résumé and samples will not be considered. You must be a resident of Memphis, Tenn. or currently living in Memphis, Tenn. for school to apply and participate.
Note: As a Neely Agency News intern, The Neely Agency and its affiliates retains all rights to the work you produce as part of your internship. This internship is for academic credit only. You MUST provide paperwork from your school at the start of your internship with instructions on how we can help you receive academic credit as well as proof of enrollment for the existing or upcoming academic year.