The Memphis Job Fair and Career Fair is on Thursday, June 04, 2015 at the Embassy Suites Hotel, 1022 South Shady Grove Road, Memphis, TN, 38120, for career seekers and candidates. Come meet with hiring managers from local, national, and Fortune 500 companies for free at our Memphis Job Fair.
Sponsored by HireLive
Disability Rights Tennessee is seeking an advocate for the agency’s Memphis office. This position is to promote the educational rights of students with disabilities.
Minimum requirements include BA/BS in education, psychology,
social science, or related human service field with two years experience as a special education advocate, special education teacher, or other related professional position. MA/MS/M.Ed preferred. Bi-lingual skills helpful.
Must possess excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and case-work skills. Frequent travel required.
Persons with disabilities and members of racial/ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply.
Please submit resume, letter of intent, and writing sample by May 25, 2015 to:
Gina Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABC Trimming, the contractor handling tree trimming service for MLGW, is hiring. Interested applicants can to go to https://abctree.com/employmentapplications.html. Field positions pay $13.60/hour and require no experience.
|JOB #||JOB TITLE||DEPARTMENT||CLOSE DATE|
|15-073||Employment Coordinator (Re-Entry)||Corrections||05/19/15|
|15-323||Admin Services Specialist II||Corrections||05/19/15|
|15-835||Victim Advocate B||Crime Victims Center||05/19/15|
|15-836||Municipal Planner (Transportation)||OPD||05/19/15|
|15-837||Loan Servicing Counselor||Housing||05/19|
Apply online at https://jobs.shelbycountytn.gov/JobListings.aspx.
Position(s) Available: 1 (one)
Agape is seeking an applicant for the Outreach Worker position to provide client-driven and strength-based services to families who are in need of particular resources and assistance. As the Outreach Worker, you will work on the evangelistic outreach ministry team in schools and communities of Whitehaven (Memphis) through Powerlines Community Network in partnership with SOUL. The primary purpose of this position is to bring un-churched youth to Christ to live productive lives. This goal is accomplished through “incarnational” ministry. Duties include direct contact with young people at school and in community, establishing relationship with school administration, weekly evangelistic outreach, bible study, mentoring, discipleship, youth camps and summer programming. Weekly evangelistic training, events, and assignments (tests, reports, and presentations) are mandatory for two years. This position requires a very flexible schedule. Evangelistic outreach experience is ideal.
Education and Experience Requirement:
Bachelor’s Degree in Divinity, Social Sciences, Education or other a related degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills or abilities for this position with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience. Candidate must be culturally sensitive with a passion for helping others. Additionally, candidate must be computer literate and have a valid driver license and own a vehicle with proof of auto insurance. Candidate must be willing to engage in Agape’s Performance Quality and Improvement (also known as Continuous Quality Improvement) standards of quality & excellence.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT-CENTRAL OFFICE
Position(s) Available: 1 (one)
Agape is seeking an Administrative Assistant for our Central Office location. As the Administrative Assistant, this successful candidate must respond to a wide variety of routine and non-routine requests and demands. The work is critical and confidential in nature. This position provides high-level administrative support agency-wide. The ideal candidate must exercise good judgment, initiative, and autonomy in supporting day to day operations. Other duties will include special projects and coordination of activities between other departments as well as external parties. The Administrative Assistant will gather information to prepare for meetings and/or accomplish objectives in a collaborative effort. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for working on complex assignments where experience and skills provide the basis for a significant amount of self-direction, including the ability to prioritize multiple numerous assignments.
Education & Experience Requirement:
Associates Degree Preferred. Minimum of 2 years work experience in a professional office environment setting; Prior experience working in a related field with ability to maintain confidentiality and security required. Candidate must be culturally sensitive with a passion for helping others. Must have a valid driver license and own a vehicle with proof of auto insurance. Prospective candidate must pass computer skills test with 80% proficiency. Candidate must be willing to engage in Agape’s Performance Quality and Improvement (also known as Continuous Quality Improvement) standards of quality & excellence.
Qualified candidates should e-mail their resume to Nichole.Love@AgapeMeansLove.org.
Hard Rock Cafe on 126 Beale is hiring for basically ALL positions! If you are interested or know anyone who is looking for a job, pass it on! Great money to be made this time of year.
Must be 19+ years of age – Hiring servers, bartenders, retail staff, hosts, busters, dishwashers, line cooks and prep cooks.
Stop by the restaurant during operating hours to fill out an application.
The Frito Lay on-line job application system will be open at 8:00 a.m. May 14th 2015 for the following:
1 Part Time Detailer position for the Memphis TN Distribution Ctr Location
1 Part Time Detailer position for the Helena, Arkansas BIN Location
Applications are only accepted on-line at www.fritolayemployment.com .
Once you have passed the standard on-line test, please verify that you have put your correct driver’s license #, birthday, and employment history. The background check will be run through First Advantage and if the information is not correct this can delay the hiring process by as much as 2 weeks.
DETAILER (Sales Support/Stocker)
- Under limited supervision, restocks products in customer locations during high volume and high traffic times on off days of Route Sales Representatives, pulling product from storage areas in ‘back of the store’.
- Ensures products are properly displayed and rotated. Clean and straighten shelves/racks, checking code dates, rotating product and removing unsaleables.
- Employee may assist in assembling and disassembling temporary mobile displays. Limited contact with store customers and clients.
- Decision making is moderate, which is governed by procedure while focused on daily operations.
- Analyzes situation accurately, taking effective action; following written and oral instructions; organize and coordinate work; communicating tactfully and effectively, working independently in absence of direct supervision; ability to work under narrow time constraints; while maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
- Reliable transportation and driver’s license is required as well as proof of insurance coverage.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, evenings.
- Position is part time, 5-25 hours per week, days vary.
- This job requires working in all weather conditions, a background investigation for work history and criminal record check, and the ability to pass a drug test
- This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
- Ability to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods. Ability to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity), drive a vehicle, lifting 15 – 40 pounds.
- This position is classified as medium work. It involves frequent lifting, up to 15 pounds. On occasion, lifting of 40 pounds may be required. Position requires frequent reaching, pushing/pulling, and use of fingers.
|Camp Site: MIFA – 910 Vance Avenue Memphis, TN 38126|
This is a FREE five-day non-residential camp that will give teens a head start on the college access process!
Youth will participate in enriching activities that include college access support, career exploration and volunteer service opportunities.
Lunch will be provided.
Parents or legal guardians must attend a mandatory orientation at MIFA, Tuesday, May 26 at 4 p.m.
910 Vance Avenue
For more information or to register, contact Andrea Hill at (901) 529-4556 or email@example.com.
Job Title: MSFI Project Director
Effective Date: To be determined
Reports to: Executive Director
Directly Supervises: None
Status: Full Time (position limited to grant agreement expiring 09/30/2017)
Salary Range: $38,000 – $40,000
The Memphis Strong Families Initiative (MSFI) Project Director is responsible for
monitoring systems level processes and outcomes of the MSFI. The Project Director provides day-to-day
project management, support, community engagement, collaboration coordination, resource development
and coordination for the Memphis Strong Families Initiative.
• Project management, coordination and accountability
• Oversees and evaluates the effectiveness of the program delivery provided by the MSFI sub
• Grant management including monitoring visits with sub grantees; monitoring program files,
tenant charts, and tenant satisfaction.
• Fiscal management including the development and execution of sub grants, reviews
reimbursement requests, and approves requests prior to submission to the Administration for
Children and Families (ACF).
• Develops, writes, edits and/or contributes to reports to funders
• Liaison to the local evaluator and the federal partners including the Resource Center, Urban
Institute, and the Children’s Bureau
• Provide technical assistance and training to improve program outcomes
• Convenes and participates in collaborative efforts with providers
• Increase community linkages, develops and coordinates resources to address needs of MSFI’s
• Convenes and staffs Management Team Meetings
• Attends Executive Team and Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) Meetings
• Conducts on-going review and analysis of literature on family homelessness and other special
• Maintains expert knowledge of evidenced based models implemented in the demonstration
• Attends recommended training and conferences to ensure development of knowledge base
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Passion for combating homelessness, domestic violence, substance abuse, and mental illness
• Enthusiastic self-motivation, the ability to motivate others, and little need for supervision
• Ability to maintain positive approach with community partners
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including excellent customer services in person and on the
• Professional demeanor and maturity
• Proficient inMS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Use
Core Behavioral Competencies
• Attention to Detail—Excellent attention to detail and strong follow-through skills for completing
projects and accomplishing goals. Able to follow detailed processes and procedures and to ensure
accuracy in documentation and data. Organizes and maintains a system of records.
• Commitment to Task—Able to take responsibility for actions and outcomes and to persist in spite of
obstacles. Demonstrates dependability in difficult circumstances and shows a sense of urgency
about getting results. Able to handle and prioritize multiple complex tasks within a deadline and
with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Coping—Able to maintain a solution-oriented approach while dealing with interruptions and
• Service Focus—Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery. Able to work with diverse
groups of people and to deal effectively and proactively with service failures. Effectively prioritizes
stakeholder and public needs.
• Flexibility—Able to perform a wide range of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change.
Manage transitions effectively from task to task. Effectively adapts to varying stakeholder and
• Quality—Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines. Reinforces excellence as
• Team Work—Able to share due credit with coworkers. Displays enthusiasm and promotes a
friendly group working environment. Works closely with other groups as necessary. Supports
group decisions and solicits opinions from coworkers.
Qualifications – Educations and/or Experience
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related field of human services or and 3 years of experience
with vulnerable populations; or Four year degree and 5 years of experience with vulnerable
populations. Other combinations of education and work experience considered.
• Demonstrated research ability in identifying, locating and accessing primary and secondary local,
statewide, regional and national statistics, studies and other research publications on homelessness
and related issues and in analyzing/interpreting data/statistics/information resulting from that
• Grant administration experience including familiarity with reading and interpreting Federal
regulations and guidelines
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and show proof of liability insurance coverage as required by
the laws of the State of Tennessee.
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application closes at 5 pm on May 22, 2015.
Ready Mix Concrete Truck Drivers
– Class B Required Class A W/Tanker pref’d.
– Class A W/Tanker applicants will be reviewed first. Must pass a road test.
Apply in Person Only! Mon-Fri 7am-2pm.
Heavy Equipment Operators Needed (Front End Loaders, Excavators, Dozers, etc.)
-Min start rate based on experience
-Pass Random Drug Screens
-401k,Employer assisted insurance
Must Apply In Person Tues-Fri 7am-2pm;Bring 2 Forms of Identification
Do not call or email.
Must Pass Random Drug Screens & DOT Physical. Air Condition fleet,
401K, Employer assisted Insurance, Home every night.
Apply at Metro Materials, Inc.: 2174 E. Person Ave.
EOE, Female, Minority, & Veteran Applicants encouraged to apply.
Do not call or Email!!!
Kelly Services is currently sourcing for several openings for a 3 weeks assignment beginning June 8, 2015 until June 28, 2015.
The hours and pay are as follow:
1st shift / 7am-330pm at 12.25 per hours
2nd shift/ 12pm to 830pm at 12.80 per hour
3rd shift/ 11pm to 730am at 12.90 per hour
You must have 1 year or more of experience operating a cherry picker, reach truck and dock loader.
You must have RF scan gun experience and picking and packing experience.
You must be able to work more than three weeks if needed.
You must be able to work long-term.
You must be able to work in a freezer.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity feel free to contact Adrianne Jefferson at 901-344-1897 ext. 214.