MINACT, Incorporated-Finch – Henry Job Corps Center
821 Highway 51 South ~ Batesville, MS 38606
Phone 662.563.4656 ~ Fax (662.563.4654
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL POSTING)
BRICK MASONRY INSTRUCTOR
|Department: CDSS||Reports To: Vocational Team 2 Manager|
|Classification: Exempt||Salary: Contact Human Resources|
|Job Code – 25-2032||Dates of (2nd) Posting: 12/30/13 – 01/05/2014|
Perform as an instructor in the vocational class setting, providing instruction and training to students in the Brick Masonry field. Promote a positive and desirable atmosphere which facilitates optimal student progress.
In order to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides coordinated instruction and supervision relevant to the course curriculum through lectures, discussions, demonstrations, individualized training plans, and other methods.
- Ensures that instruction is congruent with the TARs for the course and ensures that students receive adequate knowledge and experience regarding procedures required of brick and stone masonry, including: interpreting blueprints for materials layouts, reading and interpreting building codes and regulations, identifying various types of bricks and stones and the best use of each and examining work for conformance with job specifications; mixing of mortar with a trowel and setting up of forms.
- Provides instruction in the use and operation of equipment of the trade.
- Proper classroom and on the job safety requirements including: first aid procedures for cuts and burns; correct procedures for handling tools of the trade.
- Works directly with academic instructors in coordinating curriculum development.
- Maintains a high degree of discipline within the classroom setting in order to ensure maximum learning.
- Establishes a high degree of student/instructor rapport.
- Works directly with the academic instructors in coordinating curriculum development.
- Utilizes all possible curricular resources available at the Center.
- Prepares adequately for classroom activities.
- Maintains student personal folders, recording performance data including test scores, evaluations, attendance, incident reports, achievement awards, and other pertinent information concerning students.
- Certifies student’s completion status on the TAR.
- Ensures that students utilize any special clothing and personal protective equipment needed in the materials handler/warehousing program.
- Studies and demonstrates through performance a working knowledge of student activity guides, TARs and safety standards.
- Maintains up-to-date records (attendance forms, TARs, etc.) on each student enrolled in the course.
- Prepares reports as required, such as student/staff hours, requisitions and student evaluations.
- Records and forwards daily attendance to designated personnel in a timely manner.
- Describe goals, performance expectations and standards, and articulate how their individual performance supports the admission, career preparation, career development and career transition of students.
This posting does not list all the duties assigned to the job.
Graduate from an accredited college, university or vocational school preferred. Must possess or be eligible to obtain certificate, license or other legal credentials required by state law, regulation or contract. Two years of experience in the trade and/or vocational area of instruction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Effective verbal and written communication skills; Effective organizational skills; Effective interpersonal skills; Classroom instruction and curriculum development; Ability to interpret data and analyze its use within educational programs
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: LICENSE OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Monday thru Friday – 7:30 am – 4:00 pm State Vocational Teacher’s Certification and a valid Regular Driver License required.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest with an updated resume to their local Human Resources Manager by COB, January 05, 2014. Your application will not be considered if you fail to meet the required deadline.