Anderson Merchandisers – http://www.amerch.com/careers
The Retail Merchandising Specialist effectively and efficiently merchandises product and installs signing based on modulars and programs. This associate communicates key initiatives and information to store employees and managers. The Retail Merchandising Specialist plans and manages work load and sets priorities for Retail Merchandisers. Primary responsibility is to drive sales for music and video.
The Retail Merchandising Specialist reports directly to the District Manager (DM).
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, including but not limited to the following:
- Sets and maintains POP with high level of accuracy.
- Maintains account aesthetics and consistently performs above average on Report Card scores.
- Has working knowledge of all financial reports and routinely identifies sales opportunities and incorporates strategies for improving sales.
- Consistently meets placement goals through advance planning and communication with store management.
- Monitors projects to identify exceptions and follow up with Retail Merchandisers to ensure project completion.
- Provides store General Managers with the following: competitive shopping information, monthly sales information, monthly promotional letter and all other communication as directed.
- Effective communication to the store management outlining daily activities and sales opportunities.
- Establishes and maintain a positive working relationship with all associates, store associates, and outside contacts.
- Responds immediately to all account concerns, applying the Sundown Rule.
- Proven ability to build rapport with store General Managers and District Managers.
- Inventory management through Sales & Inventory Reports and hand held scanner.
- Sell and train store associates on client’s entire line of electronics services, hardware and accessories in retail location.
- Communicate to DM on a daily basis as to all activities accomplished and sales opportunities.
- Assist DM in assessing status of current programs and promotions within the district.
- Educate customers on the features and benefits of our client’s brand and product line.
- Category balancing to meet sales needs.
- Provide an efficient and effective schedule to maximize sales for self and Retail Merchandisers.
- Sell future programs and promotions to stores; i.e., in-store events, parking lot tours, community events, etc…
- Supervises, trains, and mentors Retail Merchandising Specialist Trainees and Retail Merchandisers.
- Leads special projects as requested.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS, including but not limited to the following:
- Will lift objects and product up to a maximum of 50 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects/product up to 35 lbs, in addition the ability to lift heavy objects up to 100 lbs with assistance from another associate.
- Work performed could be while sitting, standing, or walking.
- Work performed will entail fine manipulation of hands or fingers, as well as repetitive hand action.
- Work performed will entail bending, twisting, squatting, and climbing as well as upper and lower body mobility.
- Must have computer with high speed internet access, printing capabilities and be willing to dedicate time for minor office activities.
- Demonstrates technical efficiency on computer, Microsoft Office Word, Excel and SMART device.
- Knowledge of consumer electronics terminology, brands and specifications.
- Experience/comfort level with electronics/technical products.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency Exam required.
- Valid driver’s license is required as travel to additional locations may be necessary.
- Automobile liability insurance is required to be maintained.
- Required to work a flexible schedule, including nights/weekends (including Sunday), holidays, occasional overnights and possible overtime.
- Access to a webcam preferred
- Ownership of smart device preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and maintains confidentiality.
- Interpersonal Skills/Teamwork – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral Communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Training and Presenting – the individual trains associates on selling methods, operational best practices and “train the trainer” programs. Possess professional demeanor in presenting sales initiatives and ideas to customer, shoppers and associates.
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve.
- Leadership – Follows company policy as outlined in the Associate Handbook, embraces our Company Values and 10 Rules, and respects and promotes our Open Door Policy.
Organization Best Buy
RETAIL MERCHANDISING SPECIALIST – Memphis, TN