Central Defense Security is hiring a security shift supervisor for a high-profile client in
Candidates must be willing to cross-train for all shifts and have flexibility in work days. 2nd and 3rd shift coverage is needed, and pay is $10.00 hour, with opportunity for growth.
• High school diploma or verifiable GED
• Current Tennessee security license
• Minimum of 1 year of consecutive security experience (current security
supervisory experience is a plus)
• Clear background, and pass drug screening
Special Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent time management
• Strong leadership skills
• High level of attention to detail
To apply, contact our Memphis office at 901-547-6385.
WHEN: Wednesday, December 9
12 – 4 p.m.
WHERE: Orange Mound Community Center
2572 Park Ave.
Memphis, TN 38114
INFO: Central Defense Security (CDS) is seeking armed and unarmed guards to fulfill on-site security positions responsible for protecting client assets,employees, customers and visitors at accounts in the Memphis area. The firm will be accepting applications from experienced security guards, as well as those new to the industry. All applicants should be at least 18 years of age, with a high school diploma or verifiable GED. Armed guards must be 21 years of age and up. Applicants seeking patrol positions must be at least 25 years old and have a clear driving record.
Previous security experience and a current Tennessee security guard
license is a plus, but not required. Qualified candidates must:
• Remain vigilant in the observance of all activity within assigned
• Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to
successfully interact with all levels of professional staff, visitors and
• Perform all on-site security tasks as required. Be open to the addition
of or changes in protocol and procedure changes per client security
• Possess a high level of workplace maturity.
If chosen for an interview, the employment process for candidates includes immediate drug and background screenings. Central Defense Security is an equal opportunity employer.
CONTACT: For more information, please call 901.473.6385 or visit http://www.centdef.com.
Central Defense Security headquartered in Memphis TN with branches throughout the Mid-South and Texas, is currently taking applications for armed and unarmed, uniformed security officers for their Memphis site intended for fulltime permanent security positions at a variety of client locations. Candidate flexibility in availability is required as the post schedules vary in days and hours.
Essential job functions
Of positions to be filled are to monitor and report any activity out of the ordinary and may include but are not limited to: a walking or standing post, interior or exterior foot patrol or parking lot patrol in a company vehicle.
- Qualified candidates must be at 18 years of age with a job history (minimum one verifiable employer required)
- Patrol/ Driver eligible require officers to be at least 25 years of age with a valid Motor Vehicle Operator’s license.
- No criminal convictions as per Central Defense Security guidelines
- Be able to perform the essential job functions
- Have a negative result from on-site pre-employment drug screen
- All candidates should be a U.S. citizen, or authorized to work in the United States and have reliable transportation
Education & Experience
- Posses either a high school diploma or GED
- Experience in Security is highly preferred; however, applicants who demonstrate a high level of motivation and dedication will be considered
Special Skills & Requirements
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) for reporting purposes
- Professional, friendly demeanor with strong customer skills
- Ability to maintain professional appearance at all times
- Willingness to maintain good attendance and adhere to punctuality standards
- A high level of professional maturity
Pay is hourly and fulltime employees are eligible for a variety of benefits (health insurance, vacation benefits, life insurance and more.)
The Employment process includes an immediate on-site urinalysis for drug screening and a background check.
Central Defense Security is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Please submit a current resume through this website or to: email@example.com
Type “Security Officer” in subject line
Central Defense Security will host a job fair from noon-3pm at the Bert Ferguson Community Center, 8505 Trinity Road in Cordova.
Central Defense Security will recruit new security guards in six upcoming job fairs beginning Wednesday in community centers around Memphis.
The fairs are Wednesday from noon-3 p.m. at the Hollywood Community Center, 1560 N. Hollywood;
Friday from noon-3 p.m. at the Ed Rice Community Center, 2907 N. Watkins;
Monday, Sept. 24 from noon to 3 p.m. at the Orange Mound Community Center, 2572 Park;
Friday, Sept. 28 from noon-3 p.m. at the Charles Powell community Center, 810 Western Park;
Tuesday, Oct. 2 from noon-3 p.m. at the Raleigh Community Center, 3678 Powers;
Friday, Oct. 5 from noon-3 p.m. at the Bert Ferguson Community Center, 8505 Trinity Road.
Applicants must be at least 18.