The Family Safety Center of Memphis and Shelby County, Inc. is a non-profit organization located in Memphis, TN, whose purpose is to effectively combine civil, criminal, health and social services in order to help victims of family violence. We are seeking a Child Care Worker who is highly dedicated and demonstrates empathy and compassion to clients, and who will maintain positive relationships in the workplace. This position will report to the Director of Client Services and will be an integral part of the team to support the needs of the organization.
Job Title: Child Care Worker
Reports To: Director of Client Services
Positions Supervised: None
Status: Regular Part-Time
Hours: 10:30am to 3:30pm Monday – Friday – Other as required
Job Summary: Greet families visiting the organization and provide supervision for children in the child care areas, maintaining organizational standards, preparation of reports and documentation.
- Provides welcome, referral and orientation for clients and families.
- Welcome children and their families who come to the organization for services.
- Work closely with direct service providers, linking children and adults with appropriate staff.
- Provide agency orientation for new client families.
- Provide trauma-informed care and engagement for children while parent(s) are meeting with staff and service providers.
- Monitor and maintain the child play areas for safety and appearance per organization standards.
- Assists receptionist with monitoring children in lobby play area.
- Complete required reports, documentation and data entry.
- Attends training and workshops on trauma and child care related issues as directed by supervisor.
- Handles client and office grocery ordering, pickup, stocking, inventorying, reporting, and maintenance of break room, following required standards.
- Serves as backup for Receptionist, handling clients, visitors and telephone calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Good customer service and relationship skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural/ethnic differences.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of two years experience in child care, social services or other related field.
Family Safety Center Mission
Our mission is to provide one location that effectively combines civil, criminal, health and social services for victims of family violence.
Family Safety Center Vision
Our vision is a thriving community that embodies a spirit of compassion, collaboration and progressive change that values mutual respect, safety and serenity for all residents.
Family Safety Center Values
Honesty and Openness Flexibility
Respect and Fairness Dedication
Diversity and Equality
Please send resume with salary history to: email@example.com
Application deadline: October 30, 2015