Tag Archives: delivery
The Frito Lay Memphis, TN – DC Location has an opening for 1 Full-Time Route Sales Associate position.
The online applicant system will be open at 03:00 PM Dec 30, 2013. All applicants must apply on line at www.fritolayemployment.com .
Route Sales Associate – General
· Under general supervision, develops account sales and delivers products to various stores (i.e. grocery, convenience, schools, gas stations, etc.) within the designated route area.
· Driving delivery truck in and out of the distribution center. . The type of truck will vary by route and zone needs, up to and including a 24’ box truck. .
· Performs inventory for product cases in truck, loading and unloading products to and from truck and delivering product cases to customer locations, may use a 2-wheel dolly or other rolling product equipment.
· Displays product on display racks in customer accounts (Store Door Delivery). May create signs and displays on product. May be required to build displays of various sizes and heights.
· Empties product cases, flattens, loads back on truck and returns to the Distribution Center.
· Responsible for communicating and selling product promotions, displays and maintaining key locations in high traffic areas within customer locations.
· Ensures target goals are maintained for sales, waste and safety. Maintains daily paperwork and cash flow integrity.
· Directly impacts the sales process having continuous contact with customers. Decision-making is extensive, which is governed by policy and guided by procedure while focused on daily operations.
· Previous sales experience a plus. Able to read, write, communicate in English.
· This is a full time position, averaging 50 hours a week, days off will vary depending on route type, hour may vary, and position may require early more starts in order to accommodate vendor requirements.
· This position requires working in all weather conditions.
· A “clear” driving record for the past (3) years is required. A CDL license is not required.
· This position analyzes situation accurately, taking effective action; following written and oral instructions; organize and coordinate work; collect, chart and interpret statistical data, calculate mathematical equations, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, analyze and problem solve, communicating tactfully and effectively, working independently in absence of direct supervision; ability to work under narrow time constraints; while maintaining effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment
· This position requires passing a pre-employment sales aptitude test, background investigation of work history and criminal check, a drug test and a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical.
· This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
· Ability to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods. This position is classified as medium work. It involves frequent lifting, up to 15 pounds. On occasion, lifting of 40 pounds may be required. Position requires frequent reaching, pushing/pulling, and use of fingers.
· Ability to see (depth perception, near acuity and far acuity), hear, lifting 15 – 40 pounds.