Tag Archives: Goodwill
Interviewing on the Spot!
Friday, July. 31st
10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Riverdale Goodwill Retail Store
Memphis, TN. 38125
We’re interviewing for these Retail Locations:
Riverdale, Collierville and Millington
Sales Associates Cashiers
Production Associates Donor Greeters
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to pass Criminal Background Check & Drug Screen
Memphis Goodwill is currently seeking a qualified Marketing/Communications Manager.
The Manager, Marketing/Communications is responsible for assigned activities that support and promote positive customer relations, build business volume, and promote community outreach and marketing / communications initiatives of Memphis Goodwill. Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Director of Marketing & Communications, this position assists in activities that build Goodwill’s visibility in the community, and foster public awareness of Goodwill’s mission. Ideal candidates should have a minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of experience in the marketing and/or communications field, with proven track record of results, Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or closely related field of study and/or commensurate marketing/communications field experience, working knowledge of web-based strategies, with the ability to maintain and update website, Facebook, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office, email databases, etc. Strong writing and verbal communication skills is a must. Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Assistant Store Manager
Company: Goodwill Industries Manasota- North MS
Location: Hernando, MS and Southaven, MS
# of Positions: 3 positions open
Closing Date: September 30, 2013
*Applicants should complete application at store of interest; Hernando location (2670 McIngvale Rd, Suite 0, Hernando MS 38632 or Southaven location (925 Stateline Rd, Southaven, MS 38671) or send resume to email@example.com . Only applicants with 3-5 years solid retail-supervisory experience will be considered.*
Organization inspires hope and self-confidence, helping people from all backgrounds and walks of life to feel successful, valuable and dignified. We help people earn a living, improve their lives, and strengthen their families and their communities by offering customized job training, employment placement and other services to people who have disabilities, lack education or job experience, or face employment challenges.
If you enjoy a challenging, fast paced setting, and find the retail environment exciting then this Manager position may be the job for you.Our mix includes new vintage and one of a kind value priced goods
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- · Manage the store staff and operations effectively to achieve financial goals.
- · Manage an individual store ensuring labor, expenses and revenue goals are met within the approved budget
- · Ensure labor is scheduled to meet customer service needs and complete operating activities
- · Plans, organizes and prioritizes store operational requirements
- · Complete store reports as needed
- · Act as the primary resource for resolving problems.
- · Perform all job duties necessary to providing a clean, safe, and pleasing environment to customers and associates by following company standards for safety and overall store appearance both inside and outside of the store
- · Oversees the off-loading and on-loading of materials from trailers to and from the Plant.
- · Ensure retail store is compliant with all sales division procedures and agency policies & procedures.
- · Maintain established customer/donor service standards and resolve complaints as needed.
- · Plan and implement merchandising strategies
- · Ensure the store hours of operation are met and the proper procedures are followed for cash transactions and deposits.
- · Provides customer service in a positive, professional, and courteous manner.
- · Hires and trains staff, delegates work assignments, assesses performance and provides feedback, coaching and counseling as appropriate to ensure a high level of productivity.
- · Define staff development needs, and administers disciplinary action as required, up to and including termination.
- · Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills such as courtesy, sensitivity, politeness, and
- · Demonstrates and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- · Enforce all policies and procedures to ensure excellent customer service is provided
- · 3 -5 years retail experience in a supervisory position
- · Positive work history
- · Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- · Ability to supervise, direct, motivate, discipline staff as necessary
- · Ability to work well with the public.
- · Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- · Value diversity
We care about the people we employ. Please apply now if you wish to be part of a vibrant organization that is an innovative place to work, where employees are valued for their talents.
Qualified applicants should apply at anyone of our area Memphis Goodwill locations, or submit an application in person at our Memphis Goodwill Corporate Office located at 6895 Stage Road, Memphis, TN. 38133.
Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Commercial Contracts, the Janitor Supervisor will be responsible for the on-site supervision and administration of Memphis Goodwill personnel assigned to the Hilton Janitorial Contract.
The Janitorial Supervisor will assist in the hiring, time management, training and evaluation of Goodwill Janitorial personnel to ensure compliance with all Hilton contract requirements. The Janitorial Supervisor will ensure compliance with OSHA Federal Guidelines and required MSDS training.
The Janitorial Supervisor must be knowledgeable of cleaning products and appropriate cleaning procedures. The Janitorial Supervisor will perform administrative duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Commercial Contracts. The Janitorial Supervisor will evaluate various custodial cleaning methods as they relate to offices, cafeteria, training areas, classrooms, and all restrooms–including carpet, hard floors, furnishings and walls; and identify areas where quality training is needed.
The Janitorial Supervisor must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The Janitorial Supervisor must be able to effectively relate to individuals with various barriers to employment, cultural backgrounds and disabilities.
Successful candidate must have at least 5 years of supervisory/management experience in janitorial, custodial, housekeeping or related field.
Must be able to demonstrate exemplary on-site supervisory and leadership capabilities.
Retail Managers, Memphis Goodwill, Inc. wants you!
Persons with experience in retail management are invited to attend a “Retail Management Job Fair” on Thursday, February 7 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Memphis Goodwill’s Vocational Rehabilitation Services Center at 3830 Austin Peay Highway (next door to the Goodwill Retail Store).
Goodwill is seeking a pool of qualified applicants for key future retail management positions. We’re interested in interviewing persons with at least 3 years of retail management experience, noted Tameka Bonds, Human Resources director. Positions include Team Leader Coaches (Store Managers) and Assistant Team Leaders (assistant store managers) for area Goodwill stores.
Advance sign-up for the Retail Management Job Fair will be required, and interested attendees need to sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by end of business Friday, Feb. 1.
The Retail Management Job Fair will begin at 10 a.m. with a review of mission, vision, job expectation and work environment at Memphis Goodwill, followed by a Q&A session. Attendees will fill out an employment application, and on-the-spot interviews will be conducted from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Applicants must attend the full session, starting with the 10 a.m. speakers’ session, qualified candidates will be interviewed.