ENVIRONMENTAL JOB TRAINING
Free Job Training and Placement Assistance are available for eligible unemployed or under-employed
City of Memphis residents interested in the following training:
- 40-Hour Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) for Entry-Level Environmental Technician
- Certified Forklift Driver with Hazardous Materials Transportation Certification
- Mold, Lead & Asbestos Abatement Training
Memphis Bioworks Foundation will hold weekly Information Sessions each Wednesday through August 14, 2013, at 10 AM at the Hollywood Community Center (1560 N. Hollywood) to share information and provide training applications for persons interested in environmental job training opportunities.
A fifth and final training class will start August 19, 2013. Attending an information session is a requirement for receiving a training application to enroll in program. No reservations needed to attend 10 AM information session.
PLEASE CONTACT PAUL MCKINNEY OR ANN TERRY FOR MORE INFORMATION 901-866-1651 OR 901-866-1459 email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Funded in part under a grant through the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
- Resident of City of Memphis
- Minimum 18 years of Age
- High School/GED Graduate
- Eligible to Work in U. S.
- Able to Pass Drug Screen
- Able to Pass Pre- training Assessments
- Able to Pass Medical Evaluation
- Unemployed or Earning Less Than $15/hour
APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF:
- Employment Status
- Selective Service Registration (Males ages 18-25)
- Veteran Status (if applicable)