Tag Archives: laborer
|Posting Title||Maintenance Foreman|
|Date Opened||Wednesday, June 27, 2012|
|Closing Date||Wednesday, July 11, 2012|
DEFINITION: Schedules and oversees maintenance work in one or more divisions, such as preventative maintenance, air conditioning, electric fare-boxes and equipment, building equipment, brake and unit rebuilding, overhaul, etc.
- May be assigned to supervise personnel in any area in the Maintenance department as directed by the Assistant Director of Maintenance.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Director and Assistant Director of Maintenance in their absences.
- Directly supervises assigned shift employees.
- Ensures employee compliance with general shop and OSHA rules in assigned work areas.
- Assigns work schedules and coordinates work between shift groups.
- Plans work assignments and evaluates the performance of maintenance employees in any division.
Other Job Functions:
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
- Instructs new Maintenance personnel.
- Requisitions bus parts for repair jobs.
Education/Experience – High school diploma or GED required with a minimum of six years’ experience as a Diesel Mechanic in the repair of auto and diesel engines. Previous supervisory experience preferred and must possess ability to effectively supervise and administer work policies and regulations. Good oral communication skills required; good work record essential; possess Class A (“P” endorsement) Commercial Driver’s License. Must have ability to do the same work as those supervised and to be able to assist if necessary. Good Work Record. ASE – preferred.
Mental Effort – Ability to understand and interpret labor agreement essential.
Physical – Extensive walking and standing at least 90% of the time; lifting a maximum of 50 lbs. and lifting parts and materials overhead. Requires ability to withstand exposure to negative surroundings such as uncomfortable weather conditions, dust, engine fumes, toxic chemicals and extreme noise levels. Must be able to climb on a ladder or other equipment up to heights such as on roof of buildings at MATA facility. Must be able to crawl or stoop into tight areas and lay horizontal under a vehicle. Requires ability to perform hand-over-hand method of steering vehicles and be able to grip a steering wheel.
Audible/Visual Demands – Requires ability to hear telephone and directions given; ability to distinguish vehicular problems associated with trouble shooting repairs; visually perform essential functions for satisfactory job performance. Ability to view visual display terminal.
Miscellaneous – Must be willing to work shift hours and days as assigned.
|Posting Title||Maintenance Laborer|
|Date Opened||Wednesday, June 27, 2012//|
|Closing Date||Wednesday, July 11, 2012//|
|Compensation||$9.00 per hour during training|
DEFINITION: Perform general cleaning duties at the MATA facility to buildings, grounds, and equipment subject to inspection utilizing automatic and manual cleaning equipment.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general cleaning duties at the MATA facility to buildings, grounds, and equipment subject to inspection utilizing automatic and manual cleaning equipment.
- Service and clean all equipment.
- Steam cleans engines and other mechanical parts on vehicles.
- Clean sewer lines and bathrooms.
- Patch roof and parking lot.
Other Job Functions:
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
- Distribute sand in inclement weather by driving a MATA sand truck.
- Pick up parts from supply warehouses and stores and runs errands for maintenance department by driving a MATA vehicle.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Other: Must have valid driver’s license. Ability to operate cleaning and other equipment used in the cleaning of equipment, buildings and grounds such as steam cleaner, buffer, forklift, etc. Must be able to read and understand directions given on work cards and orders; write legibly to complete orders and receive parts and supplies.
Environment: Extensive walking and standing; lifting a maximum of 50 lbs. and lifting parts and materials overhead. Requires ability to withstand exposure to weather conditions, dust, engine fumes, toxic chemicals and extreme noise levels. Must be able to climb on a ladder or other equipment up to heights such as on roof of buildings at MATA facility. Must be able to crawl or stoop into tight areas and lay horizontal under a vehicle. Requires ability to hear directions given; visually perform essential functions for satisfactory job performance.
Miscellaneous: Must be willing to work shift hours and days as assigned. Work records of current employees will be reviewed for satisfactory performance and minimum qualifications.
Employment Applications can be picked up and dropped off at both of our transit facilities:
North End Terminal
444 N. Main Street
Memphis, TN 38103
American Way Transit Center
3921 American Way
Memphis, TN 38118
Human Resources Department
Mid-South Transportation Management, Inc.
901.722.7135 Job Hotline