Tag Archives: Maintenance
Makowsky Ringel Greenberg, LLC, is currently accepting applications from industry-experienced professionals for Maintenance Technicians at various apartment communities in the Memphis metropolitan area. This position requires two years of experience, high school diploma, HVAC certification, general knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to maintenance and repair work, and the ability to lift and carry up to 80 pounds. Our maintenance technicians are responsible for all aspects of apartment maintenance.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, disability, and other insurance options
- 401(k) and Profit-Sharing Plan
- Paid training opportunities
- Pleasant working environment
HOW TO APPLY
- Online application: http://www.mrgmemphis.com/employment/online-employment-application/
(Enter job code JL-000-MT in the box titled “Position For Which You Are Applying.”)
- Email your resumé to email@example.com, Subject: JL-000-MT
Please note: It is not necessary to apply more than once in a 90-day period. All resumés and applications are kept on file for 90 days, and you will be considered for any open position for which you are qualified during that time period.
Memphis Goodwill is currently seeking candidates for the position of Grounds Maintenance Manager .
Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Commercial Contracts; the Grounds Maintenance Manager is directly responsible for the management of the Goodwill Grounds department including hiring, terminating, training scheduling, supervising, directing and evaluating the work of the assigned staff. Develops department budget and supervises expenditures and establishes goals, policies and procedures pertaining to the maintenance of grounds. Reviews and approves requisitions for materials, supplies and equipment. Prepares job estimates work flow as required. The incumbent will also establish and direct quality control processes and procedures, assuring compliance with contract specifications, OSHA safety regulations, and promoting a positive Memphis Goodwill image. Promotion of GREEN initiatives is essential. This position is responsible for managing the department P&L, operational performance and employee development consistent with Memphis Goodwill’s mission. Additional job duties maybe assigned by the Senior Director of Commercial Contracts.
- Manage department P&L.
- Train employees on methods to meet and exceed contract specifications.
- Manage labor costs, employee schedules, time and attendance, and report payroll.
- Work closely with HR to enforce Memphis Goodwill policies and procedures, hire and train new talent, manage employee complaints, coach, discipline, and terminate.
- Direct work, processes and procedures to insure compliance with customer contracts.
- Conduct employee evaluations and insure program effectiveness.
- Manage, schedule, and conduct all inspections and reporting necessary for contract compliance.
- Functions as liaison with customers, contract officers and their designated representatives for contract compliance, quality control, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide a safe working environment for the employees and customers, maintaining OSHA compliance.
- Develop and implement quality control processes and procedures.
- Responsible for purchasing and maintaining all Goodwill Grounds fixed sets and equipment.
- Participate with business development team as needed in acquiring new grounds maintenance work. .
- Manage all aspects of customer relationships.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
- Pushing, Pulling, Bending, Twisting, Walking, Climbing
- Dust, Dirt and Handle Sharp Objects
- Operate heavy machinery and equipment
- Inside and outside Work
- Loud noise level
- Ability to effectively relate to persons with various types of disabilities, personalities, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work with others in a team approach with management services.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to manage all aspects of customer relationships.
- Ability to acquire new customers and establish loyalty.
- Ability to establish and maintain a customer focused environment in the Goodwill Grounds organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of arboriculture, horticulture, landscape architecture, or forestry preferred. Degrees in management or business may substitute.
- 3 – 5 years managing/supervising/evaluating employees required.
- Effective multi-tasking and task management essential.
- Motivated with the desire to help others–particularly those with disabilities.
- Must meet federal security requirements.
- Knowledge of Sprinkler Systems.
- Proficient use of Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in managing a grounds maintenance business.
- Arborist Certified
Please note: Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintenance Supervisor (11882)
The Maintenance Supervisor position is located at The Hershey Company’s Memphis, TN facility. This location boasts 450,000 square feet of production and houses some of Hershey’s most well known products such as Bubble Yum, Good & Plenty, Twizzlers Sticks & Bites, Ice Breakers and Breath Savers. We’re looking for driven Maintenance leaders who can take this facility to the next level. If you like to lead teams of highly skilled tradesmen and enjoy working along side the world famous Hershey’s Kiss products, then apply today!
This position is responsible for the financial planning, as well as directing and managing the activities of hourly maintenance personnel while safely and effectively meeting the maintenance needs of all departments in the plant; providing technical support/input while actively participating in and supporting the plant TPM effort and comply with regulatory requirements, company / plant policies, procedures, rules in his / her area of responsibility.
The supervisor will need to independently perform all assignments given general expectations and will receive technical guidance on the most unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for “one of a kind” projects.
With minimal direction and input from senior leadership, this position is expected to independently propose, plan, and execute projects to eliminate the root cause of manufacturing problems; independently execute projects of extremely high complexity which have a large impact on the on the company’s current and/or future business interests; handle projects dealing with software, hardware, or procedural nature relating to processes, equipment or people. The Maintenance Supervisor is also expected to take a leadership role in their Business Unit Team.
- Ensure that the entire maintenance area of responsibility proactively supports all plant goals including safety measures. Establish maintenance measures that fully support other plant goals.
- Coordinate and administer daily interaction between all aspects of maintenance in your area of responsibility and all other departments in the plant.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel have proper qualifications, are properly trained, and motivated to work productively both as part of a team and individually utilizing all TPM processes.
- Ensure compliance with established standards and procedures involving safety, sanitation, good manufacturing policies, housekeeping and other plant programs.
- Ensure compliance with administrative and reporting procedures.
- Operate as the plant monitor including scheduling and complying to all aspects of SAP PM (PM’s completed on time, work orders completed and properly documented, etc.), and champion proactive maintenance verses reactive maintenance.
- Actively participate, initiate and fully develop support all TPM initiatives both personally and with all maintenance personnel reporting to supervisor.
- Ensure all equipment and tools for which responsible are maintained in the proper operating condition to meet established plant needs, established safety, sanitation, and etc., standards.
- HS diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology-related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory capacity
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing required; food manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP or other CMMS system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communication and coaching skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills
Production Supervisor (12901)
Requisition Number 12901
As a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for the financial planning, as well as directing and managing the activities of hourly production personnel while safely and effectively meet the needs of their departments / areas in the plant. Additionally, the supervisor is responsible for adhering to the contract / handbook, and complying with regulatory requirements, company / plant policies, procedures, and rules in their area of responsibility.
In addition, the Production Supervisor will:
- Independently perform all assignments except the most complex or unusual, only being given instructions as to the general results
- expected. Receives technical guidance on the most unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for “one of a kind” projects.
- With minimal direction and input from senior leadership, independently propose, plan, and execute projects to eliminate the root cause of manufacturing problems.
- Independently execute projects of extremely high complexity which have a large impact on the on the company’s current and/or future business interests. Projects may relate to any aspect of the business – people, procedures, policies, finances, equipment / processes and/or products.
- Be responsible for the financial planning, as well as directing and managing the activities of hourly production personnel while safely and effectively meet the needs of their departments / areas in the plant; meeting the maintenance needs of all departments in the plant.
- These positions require weekend work as assigned.
- To be considered, you must also be flexible for either/ all shifts.
We have openings on second and third shift.
- Ensure that the area of responsibility supports all plant goals daily and weekly reviewing results with staff.
- Coordinate and administer daily interaction between the assigned area of responsibility and all other departments in the plant. This would include peers across shifts.
- Ensure that personnel have proper qualifications, are properly trained, and motivated to work productively both as part of a team and individually.
- Ensure compliance with established standards and procedures involving safety, sanitation, good manufacturing policies, housekeeping and other plant programs. Identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with administrative and reporting procedures while complying with overtime and seniority provisions of the contract / handbook.
- Coordinate labor staffing on a daily basis in coherence with budgeted staffing. Document exceptions and pursue approval if cost justified. Champion, coordinate and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Document notification requests in SAP PM. Follow-up and prioritize with maintenance and other shifts. Identify, coordinate and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Input data into SAP, check QA paperwork, and timekeeper information each shift. Analyze information and follow-up on exceptions and opportunities. Identify, coordinate and implement opportunities for improvements and participate in budget / standards review process.
- Effectively and timely communicate appropriate information daily, weekly and monthly to all direct reports and peers by utilizing informal and formal communications – one on ones, huddles, meetings, postings, etc.
- Lead / coordinate preparation of communications for area / plant.
- Drive continuous improvement in the operation by fostering a continuous improvement mindset, elevating new ideas (both your own and those of your employees), and executing continuous improvement plans to positively impact the plant operations and goals.
- BS degree in Business or Technical field, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing or equivalent experience as a manager/ supervisor in a high-speed, complex environment.
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory capacity required.
- Food manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Strong change management skills, driving and implementing change to optimize the business focusing on safety, quality and costs.
- Excellent people and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of production systems.
- Managerial ability (communication skills, delegation, motivation, etc.).
- Problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Knowledge of provisions of Union contract.
- Knowledge of product quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work with and relate to all levels of personnel.
- Ability to read/interpret production performance reports.
- Experience in manufacturing supervision.
- Cost accounting background (general understanding).
- General engineering understanding.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Takes ownership of work and ensures it is completed accurately, efficiently, and on time. Works with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, commitment, and persistence in the face of obstacles or adversity. This includes being reliable, trusted, and accountable for completing work activities; rejecting excuses for failure; following the organization’s rules and expectations; complying with all laws and regulations; and maintaining focus on productivity and bottom-line results.
- Establishes and maintains constructive, positive working relationships built upon trust. Listens to, considers, and respects opposing viewpoints and opinions. Uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse even high-tension situations. Works to find common ground and mutually beneficial solutions to conflicts. Influences others to gain their support as necessary to complete work activities. Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. Can represent his/her own interest and yet be fair to other groups. Viewed by others as a team player.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Systematically gathers information from a variety of sources, analyzes information, identifies implications of data, draws appropriate conclusions, generates viable alternative solutions to problem, and evaluates the consequences of choosing each alternative. This includes recognizing when a problem exists and taking proactive steps to resolve the problem. Makes effective decisions and exercises good judgment in a fast-paced working environment.
- Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Maintains focus on work assignments and activities when faced with changes, problems, competing priorities, or stressful situations. Remains open to new assignments and updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Embraces change and supports its implementation.
- Motivates direct reports and team or project members to perform at their highest potential by understanding their individual needs, soliciting their input, encouraging teamwork, holding individuals accountable for own actions, and recognizing individual contributions and achievements. Takes an active role in developing others, including holding development discussions, constructing development plans and monitoring progress toward goals, providing stretch tasks and assignments, providing timely, honest, and “actionable” feedback, and taking corrective action as necessary.
Please apply at the below website.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran Status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.
The Quality Inn in Millington has a part-time
maintenance position available. Please apply in person
at 7726 Hwy 51 North, Millington, TN, 38053
Kruger Products is hiring manufacturing and maintenance employees for its expanded KTG USA facility.
Starting pay ranges from $13.17 to $16.03 per hour, the company said. Experienced workers, however, may earn up to $27 an hour.
The positions being filled include Converting Technician & Labor Pool, E/I Maintenance Technician, Paper Machine Technician & Labor Pool, and Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Interested applicants may apply online at www.ktgusa.com.
Click on the below link for entire article.
- Monday, July 30, 8:30am-12pm
Hampton Inn, 6830 Crumpler Blvd, Olive Branch, MS
- Monday, July 30, 1:30pm-5pm
Desoto Co WIN Job Center, 7320 Hwy 51 N, Southaven, MS
- Tuesday, July 31, 8:30am-12pm
Holiday Inn Express, 5090 Copper Creek, Blvd, Millington, TN
- Tuesday, July 31, 1:30-5pm
Quality Inn Covington, 873 Hwy 51 N, Covington, TN
- Wednesday, August 1, 8:30am-12pm
Holiday Inn Express, 5090 Copper Creek Blvd, Millington, TN
- Wednesday, August 1, 1:30pm-5pm
Quality Inn Covington, 873 Hwy 51 N, Covington, TN
A leading manufacturer of
gypsum wallboard in West Memphis, AR
is accepting applications for full-time employees.
A Job Fair
will be held
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Thursday, May 17, 2012
at Mid-South Community College
2000 West Broadway
West Memphis, AR
North Center-Tech Center
Positions available are:
*Entry Level Production
is an Equal Opportunity/
providing a drug-free workplace.
We offer excellent benefits
and retirement packages.
Interested applicants can apply directly on line at www.mynavyexchange.com for immediate consideration. Once at the web page, simply click on the hourly opportunities link at the bottom of the site to begin the online application process.
JOB TITLE: Accountant (Level II)
Duties: Perform intermediate level professional accounting duties with concentration in General Accounting.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Must have 2 years accounting experience. Must have a valid driver’s license from state of residence.
Works in office under good conditions. Occasional field analysis for inventory, research and/or to solve problems.
Candidates accepting Employment with MLGW must live and maintain their residence within the boundaries of Shelby County, Tennessee within six months of their employment date.
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic
Duties: Repair and maintain mechanical equipment and manufacture or repair various metal items.Must have successfully completed approved Maintenance Machinist Apprenticeship Program or equivalent experience and training. Must have a valid driver’s license from state of residence. Must successfully complete Placement (Group 03A “Mechanics”)/Performance Exercises.
Works inside and outside. Subject to balancing, climbing/falling from ladders/high structures, bending, stooping, crouching, kneeling, crawling, reaching and standing for long periods of time while working on equipment, cuts/burns working with industrial machinery and heavy lifting.
Candidates accepting Employment with MLGW must live and maintain their residence within the boundaries of Shelby County, Tennessee within six months of their employment date.
To apply for these jobs go to:
CAREER OPPORTUNITY VACANCIES
OPENS: February 17, 2012 CLOSES: February 24, 2012
(UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED)
SERVING THOSE WHO SERVE OUR COUNTRY
APPLICANT INFORMATION: WWW.NAVY-NEX.COM “WORK FOR US”
1. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
2. Since personnel jackets of current associates may not be reviewed in the staffing process, applicants are responsible for submitting any documents they wish to be reviewed. Applications may be sent via fax to (901) 872-7718
3. Position descriptions (PD’s), minimum qualification requirements (MQR’s) are available for review in the activity human resources office. Applicants interested in applying for vacancies listed on this announcement must submit a Promotional Opportunity Application.
4. Vacancies listed in this announcement will remain open until filled. The initial staffing of vacancies will begin one week from the date of the posting. Applications will be continuously accepted and may be forwarded to the selecting official as needed until the vacancy is filled.
5. Reposted vacancies serve to broaden applicant base. Previous applicants need not be resubmitted for continued consideration.
6. Multiple selections may be made from any announced vacancy.
7. Direct deposit (DD) enrollment is a condition of employment for all selectees. Immediate enrollment is required for selectees who have an account at a financial institution; those who do not have an account have up to thirty (30) calendar days of employment to enroll in DD.
8. The Department of the Navy is an equal employment opportunity employer. We offer anADAcompliant work environment. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
ANNOUNC. NO. POSITION SERIES/GRADE LOCATION
02-12 Sales Clerk NF- 2091-01 NEX Memphis, TN
5660 Regular Part – Time Shoe & Luggage Dept.
(Internal Applicants Only)
Job Summary (Job Code #5660): Applicant has to have the ability and selling skills to sell Shoes and Luggage to customers. This Applicant must be able to demonstrate Premiere Customer Service Skills along with cash handling and cash register experience.
03-12 Operations Service Manager NF-1101-03 NEX Memphis, TN
2055 Exempt Regular Full Time 060050
Job Summary (Job Code #2055): Manager will oversee the following areas: Dry Cleaning, Vending, Barber, Optical Shops and Personalized Services. Operations Management Experienced Preferred. Retail Management, Operational Financial Analysis, and Computer/Software Experience Required. Please Email resumes to: email@example.com
04-12 Maintenance Worker NA-4749-05 NEX Memphis, TN
7365 Flexible 060050
Job Summary (Job Code # 7365): Performs task involved in the upkeep of buildings, grounds, fixtures, equipment, etc. Typical assignments include simple painting, plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs.
Please Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
VACANCIES CANCELLED – NONE
** THE FOLLOWING ARE EN TRY LEVEL POSITIONS – OPEN CONTINUOUS FLEXIBLE VACANCIES – MANAGEMENT ELECTS TO FILL THESE POSITIONS AS NEEDED**
FLX1-11 SALES CLERK NF-2091-01 060050 NEX MEMPHIS, TN
Sells general merchandise to customers exercising professional selling techniques. Works as part of a sales team to provide service, which anticipates and exceeds customer expectations. Greets and engages customers in conversation for purposes of providing sales related assistance. Assists in the selection of merchandise, and suggests additional items to complement the customer’s selections. Where applicable, offers customers the opportunity to purchase extended product warrantees.
FLX2-11 CASHIER CHECKER NF-2091-01 060050 NEX MEMPHIS, TN
Serves as Cashier/Checker in Retail and/or Services areas, responsible for completing sales transactions, operating a cash register, accounting for sales receipts, and providing customer service which anticipates and exceeds customer expectations. Greets customers, completes sales transactions accurately and efficiently. Performs all types of cash register transactions in a procedurally correct manner. Accepts money, makes change, bags and wraps merchandise.
FLX3-11 BARBER NA-7603-07 060-050 NEX MEMPHIS, TN
Performs a variety of barbering services at a main, branch or location hair facility for authorized military and civilian personnel. Possession of a valid state license in barbering or cosmetology.
FLX5-11 DESK CLERK NF-1176-01 060-500 NAVY INNS/LODGE
Greets, registers guests and makes/confirms reservations. Maintains records of room availability and guest accounts. Check out guests by computing bills, collecting payments and making change. Operates a telephone switchboard taking and delivering messages as required and answers inquiries pertaining to Navy Inns/Lodge services, base facilities, area attractions and travel directions. Utilizes a computerized lodging management system and takes inquiries and reservations from authorized personnel.
FLX6-11 ROOM ATTENDANT/HOUSEMAN NA-3566-02 060-500 NAVY INNS/LODGE
Performs a variety of cleaning and laundry tasks in a Navy Lodge requiring moderate physical effort, moving furniture and the use of hand or lightweight powered cleaning equipment. Cleans guest rooms and other assigned areas. Operates cleaning equipment, e.g. vacuum cleaner, waxier and polisher.
FLX7-11 Specialty Sales Clerk NF-2091-01 060-050 NEX MEMPHIS, TN
Sells general merchandise to customers exercising professional selling techniques. Works as part of a sales team to provide service, which anticipates and exceeds customer
expectations. Greets and engages customers in conversation for purposes of providing sales related assistance. Assists in the selection of merchandise, and suggests additional items to complement the customer’s selections. Where applicable, offers customers the opportunity to purchase extended product warrantees.
Retail Store positions require rotating shifts; evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Regular Full Time and Regular Part Time associates are eligible for a full range of benefits which include annual leave, sick leave, pay for Federal holidays, shift differential, medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement, life insurance, disability, and 401-K plan.
Flexible associates are eligible for paid leave, holiday pay, shift differential and have the opportunity to apply for other regular job vacancies as they open.
The Salvation Army Memphis Area Command is looking to fill the following position. Please see the job posting below and find the job description attached. If you believe you have the skills, knowledge, and abilities to fill this position, please mail your resume to:
The Salvation Army
696 Jackson Avenue
Memphis, TN 38105-2006
or email to:
or fax to:
Attn: Lynn Shettles 901.543.8599
Deadline to submit resumes for this position is October 14, 2011.
Full time-yes Hours Per Week 37.5
Date Needed: ASAP Nonexempt xx