Navy Exchange (NEX) MEMPHIS, TN
CAREER OPPORTUNITY VACANCIES
OPENS: February 17, 2012 CLOSES: February 24, 2012
(UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED)
SERVING THOSE WHO SERVE OUR COUNTRY
APPLICANT INFORMATION: WWW.NAVY-NEX.COM “WORK FOR US”
1. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
2. Since personnel jackets of current associates may not be reviewed in the staffing process, applicants are responsible for submitting any documents they wish to be reviewed. Applications may be sent via fax to (901) 872-7718
3. Position descriptions (PD’s), minimum qualification requirements (MQR’s) are available for review in the activity human resources office. Applicants interested in applying for vacancies listed on this announcement must submit a Promotional Opportunity Application.
4. Vacancies listed in this announcement will remain open until filled. The initial staffing of vacancies will begin one week from the date of the posting. Applications will be continuously accepted and may be forwarded to the selecting official as needed until the vacancy is filled.
5. Reposted vacancies serve to broaden applicant base. Previous applicants need not be resubmitted for continued consideration.
6. Multiple selections may be made from any announced vacancy.
7. Direct deposit (DD) enrollment is a condition of employment for all selectees. Immediate enrollment is required for selectees who have an account at a financial institution; those who do not have an account have up to thirty (30) calendar days of employment to enroll in DD.
8. The Department of the Navy is an equal employment opportunity employer. We offer anADAcompliant work environment. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
ANNOUNC. NO. POSITION SERIES/GRADE LOCATION
02-12 Sales Clerk NF- 2091-01 NEX Memphis, TN
5660 Regular Part – Time Shoe & Luggage Dept.
(Internal Applicants Only)
Job Summary (Job Code #5660): Applicant has to have the ability and selling skills to sell Shoes and Luggage to customers. This Applicant must be able to demonstrate Premiere Customer Service Skills along with cash handling and cash register experience.
03-12 Operations Service Manager NF-1101-03 NEX Memphis, TN
2055 Exempt Regular Full Time 060050
Job Summary (Job Code #2055): Manager will oversee the following areas: Dry Cleaning, Vending, Barber, Optical Shops and Personalized Services. Operations Management Experienced Preferred. Retail Management, Operational Financial Analysis, and Computer/Software Experience Required. Please Email resumes to: email@example.com
04-12 Maintenance Worker NA-4749-05 NEX Memphis, TN
7365 Flexible 060050
Job Summary (Job Code # 7365): Performs task involved in the upkeep of buildings, grounds, fixtures, equipment, etc. Typical assignments include simple painting, plumbing, carpentry, and electrical repairs.
Please Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
VACANCIES CANCELLED – NONE
** THE FOLLOWING ARE EN TRY LEVEL POSITIONS – OPEN CONTINUOUS FLEXIBLE VACANCIES – MANAGEMENT ELECTS TO FILL THESE POSITIONS AS NEEDED**
FLX1-11 SALES CLERK NF-2091-01 060050 NEX MEMPHIS, TN
Sells general merchandise to customers exercising professional selling techniques. Works as part of a sales team to provide service, which anticipates and exceeds customer expectations. Greets and engages customers in conversation for purposes of providing sales related assistance. Assists in the selection of merchandise, and suggests additional items to complement the customer’s selections. Where applicable, offers customers the opportunity to purchase extended product warrantees.
FLX2-11 CASHIER CHECKER NF-2091-01 060050 NEX MEMPHIS, TN
Serves as Cashier/Checker in Retail and/or Services areas, responsible for completing sales transactions, operating a cash register, accounting for sales receipts, and providing customer service which anticipates and exceeds customer expectations. Greets customers, completes sales transactions accurately and efficiently. Performs all types of cash register transactions in a procedurally correct manner. Accepts money, makes change, bags and wraps merchandise.
FLX3-11 BARBER NA-7603-07 060-050 NEX MEMPHIS, TN
Performs a variety of barbering services at a main, branch or location hair facility for authorized military and civilian personnel. Possession of a valid state license in barbering or cosmetology.
FLX5-11 DESK CLERK NF-1176-01 060-500 NAVY INNS/LODGE
Greets, registers guests and makes/confirms reservations. Maintains records of room availability and guest accounts. Check out guests by computing bills, collecting payments and making change. Operates a telephone switchboard taking and delivering messages as required and answers inquiries pertaining to Navy Inns/Lodge services, base facilities, area attractions and travel directions. Utilizes a computerized lodging management system and takes inquiries and reservations from authorized personnel.
FLX6-11 ROOM ATTENDANT/HOUSEMAN NA-3566-02 060-500 NAVY INNS/LODGE
Performs a variety of cleaning and laundry tasks in a Navy Lodge requiring moderate physical effort, moving furniture and the use of hand or lightweight powered cleaning equipment. Cleans guest rooms and other assigned areas. Operates cleaning equipment, e.g. vacuum cleaner, waxier and polisher.
FLX7-11 Specialty Sales Clerk NF-2091-01 060-050 NEX MEMPHIS, TN
Sells general merchandise to customers exercising professional selling techniques. Works as part of a sales team to provide service, which anticipates and exceeds customer
expectations. Greets and engages customers in conversation for purposes of providing sales related assistance. Assists in the selection of merchandise, and suggests additional items to complement the customer’s selections. Where applicable, offers customers the opportunity to purchase extended product warrantees.
Retail Store positions require rotating shifts; evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Regular Full Time and Regular Part Time associates are eligible for a full range of benefits which include annual leave, sick leave, pay for Federal holidays, shift differential, medical/dental/vision coverage, retirement, life insurance, disability, and 401-K plan.
Flexible associates are eligible for paid leave, holiday pay, shift differential and have the opportunity to apply for other regular job vacancies as they open.