144 North Bellevue Blvd ∙ Memphis, Tennessee 38104
Voice (901) 278 – 9307 / Fax (901) 278 – 9301 / TTY (901) 278 – 9308
VP (901) 620 – 6062 or (866) 970 – 8074
DeafConnect of the Mid-South, Inc., a non-profit located near downtown Memphis, serves the Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and Deaf/Blind community through communication (sign language interpreting, CART), advocacy, education, and awareness. The agency is seeking a dedicated individual to fill the part-time office assistant position.
Office Assistant (25 hours/week)
Purpose: Maintain office operations by collecting and sorting documents in preparation for invoicing customers, making deposits, preparing payroll (contract interpreters), and responding to customers/clients by phone, video phone, or in person
- Verify vouchers for accuracy & completeness
- Match vouchers w/ order forms
- Generate invoices for services rendered
- Adjust invoices as necessary
- Post transactions to customer accounts
- Compute payroll for contract interpreters accurately, prepare checks
- Prepare & properly record bank deposits
- Act as office support by answering the telephone, video phone, and responding to walk-in clients
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the business, customers & clients alike
- Perform other general office duties as needed
- Strong organizational and detail oriented skills
- Good general math skills
- Good working knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Positive, professional demeanor
- Complete tasks independently
- Work as a team member
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Awareness of and sensitivity to Deaf culture
- American Sign Language Skills
This job posting is open through January 8, 2014. Resumes may be sent to DeafConnect at the contact information noted.
Cookie Office Assistant
Girl Scouts Heart of the South is seeking a temporary, part-time candidate to assist with cookie distribution, retail and customer service duties in our Memphis TN, office.
- Assist with cookie distribution to volunteers both indoors and outdoors
- Acts as backup for front desk and council shop
- Keeps count of inventory
- Follows directions well and a team player
Candidates must have a high school diploma and two years of customer service training; an Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferred. The candidate should possess good oral communication skills and knowledge of Outlook, Word and the Internet. The ability to use a cash register as well as 10-key and type a minimum of 35 wpm is required. The candidate must be willing to work outside in various climates and have ability to repeatedly lift a minimum of 20 pounds while bending. The employee should have the ability to work the following flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends: Memphis –February 17th thru April 2nd, (hours may be extended based on the need). All candidates should have a valid driver’s license and be able to use their own vehicle for the position. A good driving record is preferred.
Girl Scouts Heart of the South offers great experience in the non-profit sector and a competitive hourly wage. Send resumes and cover letters (Microsoft Word only) to: email@example.com. No phone calls please. Deadline for submission is Friday, January 24, 2014. *Please type Cookie Office Assistant and Memphis in the subject line of your email.
EOE-Committed to Diversity
Job Title and/or Job Description: Office Runner/Assistant
Answer door and phones and take clear messages;file; make copies run errands and other duties as assigned. Must be discreet with confidences and information.
Part time, may become full time
Company Name: Downtown Law Office
Job Location: Third Street and Exchange Ave
Application Closing Date: ASAP, looking to hire immediately
Contact Procedures : Email a scanned resume in either Word or PDF format only. May also mail resme to 217 Exchange Avenue, Memphis, 38105, Attention: Office Manager on Envelope.
Rule 31 Listed Mediator
Attorney at Law