Apartment Maintenance Technician Full Time
BL Realty Group – Ashton Hills Apartments 4183 Troost Drive Memphis, TN 38128
|Are you very skilled in plumbing, electric, carpentry, HVAC, and appliance repair? Do you have multi-family maintenance work experience? Do you like interacting with people and being in a customer service role? If you are qualified and interested in this role, compensation is negotiable based on your experience, skills, and compensation history.
This position contributes to net operating income through outstanding maintenance and customer service. Responsibilities enhance the value of the community and create exceptional resident experiences. Effective performance of duties maximizes rents and maintains high occupancy levels by following professional maintenance practices, using quality control, and following policies/procedures.
This is a full-time position servicing 200 units at one site.
- Prepare vacant apartments for move-in
- Perform work orders, routine maintenance, and preventive maintenance
- Timely completion of assigned tasks
- Remove trash/debris from grounds and common areas
- Plumbing repairs inside apartments
- Carpentry: exterior and interior
- Minor painting and drywall repairs as needed
- Electric: Install, maintain and repair devices, fixtures, and wiring after the service panel
- Appliance repairs: working knowledge of diagnosing and repairing appliances
- Deliver professional services to all residents, owners, properties and employees
- Operate and maintain properties is a safe and superior condition
- Snow removal from walks and de-icing as needed
- Perform 24 hour emergency on-call service per rotation
We expect maintenance technicians to operate effectively with a level of oversight/ supervision that enables participation in problem solving and meeting objectives.
- Establish and build relationships with coworkers, vendors, and residents which generate/retain business and revenues.
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week
- Ability to work some additional overtime hours as neede
- Reliable truck and own tools
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance
- Professional appearance and good communicator
- Write simple notes or brief comments about work
- Plan and organize tasks to satisfy residents and meet company goals
- Demonstrate general computer knowledge to assist with parts ordering , tracking work orders, and problem solving
- Gather and analyze facts, explain issues, perform basic math calculations, draw conclusions and solve problems
- Adhere to company’s uniform policy, well groomed
- Refrigerant/EPA certification and a plus
- Two years experience
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SUBSTANCE ABUSE SCREEN AND BACKGROUND/CRIMINAL CHECK REQUIRED
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME WITH COMPENSATION HISTORY BY FAX TO 901-388-0199, EMAIL ASHTONHILLS@COMCAST.NET OR IN PERSON AT 4183 TROOST DRIVE, MEMPHIS TN 38128
Applications accepted during business hours (M – F 8:00 to 5:00 PM, Sat. 10:00 – 4:00 PM).
Posted 5/18/13 – Open until filled.