UPS IS HIRING…..
Plant Engineering Mechanic- Oakhaven/Airport Area
Apply online at www.upsjobs.com
Job Location: Memphis, TN
UPS is currently hiring for a Plant Engineering Maintenance Mechanic position. This position is responsible for a broad range of maintenance activities that are performed to keep a UPS package handling facility operating efficiently and effectively. The work is sometimes fast-paced and requires routine interaction with other hub employees.
Major work activities for this position include:
- Troubleshooting, adjusting, and replacing AC and DC electrical equipment such as batteries, control stations, fuses, motor starters, relays, switches, timers, servo driven equipment, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), photo electrical devices, transducers, Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and encoders.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing mechanical components such as motors, reducers, drive chains, sprockets, sheaves, pulleys, rollers, conveyor belts, bearings, and transfer plates.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or replacing pneumatic equipment such as diverters, air compressors, lubricators, hoses, and coils.
- Inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing hydraulic equipment such as hoses, fittings, cylinders, and pumps.
- Welding equipment such as hand rails, conveyor supports, package handling equipment, carts, and grading.
- Performing preventive maintenance inspections of plant equipment such as conveyors, bulk carts, and power industrial equipment.
Job ID: 024438591
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Post until 8.31.2013