JOB TITLE: Operations Manager
COMPENSATION: Competitive; commensurate with skills and experience
Crosstown Arts is a 501c3 non-profit started in 2010 to further cultivate the arts community in Memphis, TN by supporting and showcasing artists and musicians. The organization has since grown into a multi-disciplinary contemporary arts center located in 35,000 square feet of storefront space in the Crosstown neighborhood across the street from the Sears Crosstown building, currently under redevelopment. Operations include a performance venue, rehearsal spaces, artist studio, gallery, after school program, café, retail and offices. Long-term plans include continued growth in facilities, particularly residential and shared production labs, as well as staff and programming.
Crosstown Arts is looking for a full-time Operations Manager to manage financial and physical resources. Primary responsibilities include office management and administration, accounting and budget oversight, information technology, human resources, and facilities management. The Operations Manager reports directly to the Managing Director.
- Oversee office administration, including maintenance of equipment, technology, supplies and facility
- Oversee vendor contracts for services
- Responsible for personnel files administration, benefits administration (vacation, & paid time off), and development of policies and procedures, including employee manual.
- Manage subleases and collect monthly rent payments
- Manage insurance policies (group health & others)
- Act as primary financial staff person. Develop and maintain financial record keeping and reporting systems to manage day-to-day processing of accounts receivable and payable using QuickBooks
- Oversee all accounts, including checking and credit cards, track receipts and balance monthly statements against accounting software
- Produce monthly reports, or as requested, and fulfill tax-related requirements (1099s)
- Manage all bills and invoice payments
- Administer payroll, employee benefits and organizational insurance; disburse and reconcile petty cash
- Assist with development of individual program budgets; generate and manage annual operating budget with input from executive team and other staff
- Generate quarterly operating statements; supervise budget and monitor cash flow
- Administer all state and federal non-profit compliance forms and registration
- Oversee, in conjunction with independent auditor, preparation of annual audit
- As organization adds programming and facilities, work with Managing Director to develop business and operations plans
- Oversee all aspects of facilities and property management to support various programs and sub-leases, including building maintenance and repair, supply inventory, security, and small construction projects
- Manage part-time housekeeping and facilities staff
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business-related field, and at least five years of experience in an operational capacity. Strong skills in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks are essential, as are strong communication skills, both oral and written. Knowledge of IT infrastructure and management is also beneficial.
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail and accuracy with an exceptional ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize work, manage timelines, and control budgets
- Motivated and capable of working with ongoing flexibility and growth, adaptable to processing the organization’s needs as they evolve.
- Strong commitment to valuing and sustaining positive/supportive relationships with all people related to the organization at every level.
- Able to communicate and work well with a highly motivated staff, board members, donors, community organizations, customers, etc.
- Eager to work on a unique, creative project that requires an entrepreneurial disposition and being comfortable with ambiguity and inventing as you go.
TO APPLY: please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Operations Manager Search” by Friday, August 16.