Tag Archives: Recruiter
The Human Resources Recruiter is responsible for achieving staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates; advising managers; managing the recruiting process while developing and executing strategies that support the business plan and strategic direction of Goodwill. The Human Resources Recruiter will be responsible for creating a positive onboarding experience for all new team members to include facilitation of new hire orientation, posts all job openings based on company needs; hire and recruit for all Goodwill staffing.
Essential duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with managers to discuss needs.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Pre-screen applicants, conduct interviews and extend job offers to qualified candidates
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules; escorting applicant to interviews
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience recruiting at the corporate level
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Must be knowledgeable of the applicable state and federal HR laws as they apply to EEO/OFCCP
- Must be disciplined and driven with the desire to service internal and external customers.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Must exemplify professionalism, people skills, project management and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be results driven, supports diversity
- Capable of independent travel to branch locations
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, clients, and other personnel or applicants in a business environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to work with other staff in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively relate to people with various disabilities, personalities and cultural backgrounds.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Memphis Goodwill is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our business is changing lives.