Maintenance Supervisor (11882)
The Maintenance Supervisor position is located at The Hershey Company’s Memphis, TN facility. This location boasts 450,000 square feet of production and houses some of Hershey’s most well known products such as Bubble Yum, Good & Plenty, Twizzlers Sticks & Bites, Ice Breakers and Breath Savers. We’re looking for driven Maintenance leaders who can take this facility to the next level. If you like to lead teams of highly skilled tradesmen and enjoy working along side the world famous Hershey’s Kiss products, then apply today!
This position is responsible for the financial planning, as well as directing and managing the activities of hourly maintenance personnel while safely and effectively meeting the maintenance needs of all departments in the plant; providing technical support/input while actively participating in and supporting the plant TPM effort and comply with regulatory requirements, company / plant policies, procedures, rules in his / her area of responsibility.
The supervisor will need to independently perform all assignments given general expectations and will receive technical guidance on the most unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for “one of a kind” projects.
With minimal direction and input from senior leadership, this position is expected to independently propose, plan, and execute projects to eliminate the root cause of manufacturing problems; independently execute projects of extremely high complexity which have a large impact on the on the company’s current and/or future business interests; handle projects dealing with software, hardware, or procedural nature relating to processes, equipment or people. The Maintenance Supervisor is also expected to take a leadership role in their Business Unit Team.
- Ensure that the entire maintenance area of responsibility proactively supports all plant goals including safety measures. Establish maintenance measures that fully support other plant goals.
- Coordinate and administer daily interaction between all aspects of maintenance in your area of responsibility and all other departments in the plant.
- Ensure that maintenance personnel have proper qualifications, are properly trained, and motivated to work productively both as part of a team and individually utilizing all TPM processes.
- Ensure compliance with established standards and procedures involving safety, sanitation, good manufacturing policies, housekeeping and other plant programs.
- Ensure compliance with administrative and reporting procedures.
- Operate as the plant monitor including scheduling and complying to all aspects of SAP PM (PM’s completed on time, work orders completed and properly documented, etc.), and champion proactive maintenance verses reactive maintenance.
- Actively participate, initiate and fully develop support all TPM initiatives both personally and with all maintenance personnel reporting to supervisor.
- Ensure all equipment and tools for which responsible are maintained in the proper operating condition to meet established plant needs, established safety, sanitation, and etc., standards.
- HS diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology-related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory capacity
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing required; food manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP or other CMMS system.
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communication and coaching skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills
Production Supervisor (12901)
Requisition Number 12901
As a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for the financial planning, as well as directing and managing the activities of hourly production personnel while safely and effectively meet the needs of their departments / areas in the plant. Additionally, the supervisor is responsible for adhering to the contract / handbook, and complying with regulatory requirements, company / plant policies, procedures, and rules in their area of responsibility.
In addition, the Production Supervisor will:
- Independently perform all assignments except the most complex or unusual, only being given instructions as to the general results
- expected. Receives technical guidance on the most unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for “one of a kind” projects.
- With minimal direction and input from senior leadership, independently propose, plan, and execute projects to eliminate the root cause of manufacturing problems.
- Independently execute projects of extremely high complexity which have a large impact on the on the company’s current and/or future business interests. Projects may relate to any aspect of the business – people, procedures, policies, finances, equipment / processes and/or products.
- Be responsible for the financial planning, as well as directing and managing the activities of hourly production personnel while safely and effectively meet the needs of their departments / areas in the plant; meeting the maintenance needs of all departments in the plant.
- These positions require weekend work as assigned.
- To be considered, you must also be flexible for either/ all shifts.
We have openings on second and third shift.
- Ensure that the area of responsibility supports all plant goals daily and weekly reviewing results with staff.
- Coordinate and administer daily interaction between the assigned area of responsibility and all other departments in the plant. This would include peers across shifts.
- Ensure that personnel have proper qualifications, are properly trained, and motivated to work productively both as part of a team and individually.
- Ensure compliance with established standards and procedures involving safety, sanitation, good manufacturing policies, housekeeping and other plant programs. Identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure compliance with administrative and reporting procedures while complying with overtime and seniority provisions of the contract / handbook.
- Coordinate labor staffing on a daily basis in coherence with budgeted staffing. Document exceptions and pursue approval if cost justified. Champion, coordinate and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Document notification requests in SAP PM. Follow-up and prioritize with maintenance and other shifts. Identify, coordinate and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Input data into SAP, check QA paperwork, and timekeeper information each shift. Analyze information and follow-up on exceptions and opportunities. Identify, coordinate and implement opportunities for improvements and participate in budget / standards review process.
- Effectively and timely communicate appropriate information daily, weekly and monthly to all direct reports and peers by utilizing informal and formal communications – one on ones, huddles, meetings, postings, etc.
- Lead / coordinate preparation of communications for area / plant.
- Drive continuous improvement in the operation by fostering a continuous improvement mindset, elevating new ideas (both your own and those of your employees), and executing continuous improvement plans to positively impact the plant operations and goals.
- BS degree in Business or Technical field, or related field is required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing or equivalent experience as a manager/ supervisor in a high-speed, complex environment.
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory capacity required.
- Food manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Strong change management skills, driving and implementing change to optimize the business focusing on safety, quality and costs.
- Excellent people and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of production systems.
- Managerial ability (communication skills, delegation, motivation, etc.).
- Problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Knowledge of provisions of Union contract.
- Knowledge of product quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work with and relate to all levels of personnel.
- Ability to read/interpret production performance reports.
- Experience in manufacturing supervision.
- Cost accounting background (general understanding).
- General engineering understanding.
- SAP experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Takes ownership of work and ensures it is completed accurately, efficiently, and on time. Works with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, commitment, and persistence in the face of obstacles or adversity. This includes being reliable, trusted, and accountable for completing work activities; rejecting excuses for failure; following the organization’s rules and expectations; complying with all laws and regulations; and maintaining focus on productivity and bottom-line results.
- Establishes and maintains constructive, positive working relationships built upon trust. Listens to, considers, and respects opposing viewpoints and opinions. Uses diplomacy and tact to diffuse even high-tension situations. Works to find common ground and mutually beneficial solutions to conflicts. Influences others to gain their support as necessary to complete work activities. Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. Can represent his/her own interest and yet be fair to other groups. Viewed by others as a team player.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Systematically gathers information from a variety of sources, analyzes information, identifies implications of data, draws appropriate conclusions, generates viable alternative solutions to problem, and evaluates the consequences of choosing each alternative. This includes recognizing when a problem exists and taking proactive steps to resolve the problem. Makes effective decisions and exercises good judgment in a fast-paced working environment.
- Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Maintains focus on work assignments and activities when faced with changes, problems, competing priorities, or stressful situations. Remains open to new assignments and updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Embraces change and supports its implementation.
- Motivates direct reports and team or project members to perform at their highest potential by understanding their individual needs, soliciting their input, encouraging teamwork, holding individuals accountable for own actions, and recognizing individual contributions and achievements. Takes an active role in developing others, including holding development discussions, constructing development plans and monitoring progress toward goals, providing stretch tasks and assignments, providing timely, honest, and “actionable” feedback, and taking corrective action as necessary.
Please apply at the below website.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran Status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.