The Community Legal Center is now accepting applications from bi-lingual persons. Interested parties should send resume to Translator/.Administrator Search, Community Legal Center, 910 Vance Ave., Memphis, TN 38126 or e mail it to Marcelaclc@gmail.com.
COMMUNITY LEGAL CENTER
JOB SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant/Translator works under the direction of the Executive Director to coordinate the office services, including intake, volunteer recruitment and placement; reporting; and record-keeping. The Administrative Assistant analyzes office systems and may create new systems or revise procedures to increase the efficiency of the office. He/she works with the Immigration Attorney to convert spoken and written languages one to another to enable communication between the attorney and his/her clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates intake process and schedules potential clients for clinics
- Locates and compiles information for grant reports, board reports and other financial and operations reports.
- Coordinates law students and undergraduate volunteers
- Assists with special events planning
- Screens Spanish speaking clients to be sure they are within the income guidelines and to determine the type of assistance needed
- Coordinates volunteers who speak Spanish to assist with translation
- Promotes the Community Legal Center in the community
- Other duties as assigned
- Two years of college or equivalent work experience
- Good written and verbal communication and advocacy skills in both Spanish and English
- Proficient in Word, Access, and Power Point
- Ability to oversee a program
Office environment; evening or variable hours to attend clinics and seminars
SALARY RANGE: Salary depending on qualifications and experience