Mid-South Food Bank
Job Title: Transportation Coordinator
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
Positions Supervised: None
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary Plan: Admin
Pay Grade: III
Hours: 8:30a.m. – 5:00p.m. Monday – Friday
Some overtime as needed
Job Summary: Responsible for various functions relating to transportation and logistics for warehouse operations. Duties include coordinating transport of product, regulation compliance, fleet maintenance, carrier services management, purchase and billing evaluation and business expense reporting and analysis.
- Coordinate all traffic functions relating to freight movement into and out the Food Bank warehouses, maintaining prescribed service levels, and keeping costs at a minimum while ensuring efficient resource utilization and achievement of service goals.
- Assure compliance with all government regulations through appropriate transportation policies and programs designed to provide the required levels of transportation services which meet cost and service objectives, along with Food Bank and agency needs.
- Coordinate with warehouse operations on dispatching drivers for customer pickups and agency deliveries as required. Determine the most economical traffic patterns.
- Manage maintenance of the fleet to ensure that vehicles are clean and operating properly.
- Maintain timely inspections and licensing of all vehicles.
- Arrange for carrier services by securing appropriate bids, prepare and file claims for damages, lost shipments, and overcharges. Evaluate carrier performance and recommend changes in mode and/or carrier.
- Work with executive management to develop policies and procedures for rate negotiation and the purchase of transportation, the Food Bank truck fleet, freight bill auditing and overcharge claims and optimum traffic routes.
- Analyze transportation costs, equipment availability and service levels, making recommendations and instituting corrective action.
- Maintain working relationships that ensure the success of Food Bank programs. This includes maintaining positive interpersonal relationships with donors, agency representatives, Food Bank management and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years transportation and logistics experience; must be familiar with transportation management systems. A minimum of two years of college preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal and state transportation regulations including DOT/Safety regulations and compliance record keeping.
- Computer skills and the ability to maintain accurate and legible records.
- Must be able to drive a truck, operate a fork lift and pallet jacks; commercial driver’s license preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and solve problems.
- Ability to work well with donors, vendors, agency representatives and Food Bank staff.
- Acceptance of philosophy of food banking.
Apply in person: 239 South Dudley, Memphis, TN 38104, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.