Tag Archives: Williams-Sonoma
STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM OVERVIEW
We are growing…Partnerships make it possible
The Student Ambassador Program is designed to provide motivated and enthusiastic high school, college freshman and sophomore, or career college students a unique work opportunity that will include on the job training and mentorship. Additionally, it will provide students with an introduction into the logistics work environment.
- Provide a part-time schedule
- Non-Peak may work 15-20 hours per week (February – August)
- Peak may work up to 40 hours per week (September – January)
The program will be administered by the Human Resources Talent Acquisition’s team. College freshman and sophomore students will be hired part-time for Memphis, TN and Olive Branch, MS Distribution Centers. Each student will be assigned a mentor to assist with transition into the work place. The mentor will train and provide leadership to their assigned ambassador. The mentor will be required to go through an orientation with the Human Resources facilitator and will provide updates on the ambassador’s progress throughout the program.
- Students that successfully complete the program will be receive the following:
- A certificate of completion
- A letter of recommendation
- A luncheon with the GM and Director of the assigned location
- A monogrammed WSI portfolio
- A copy of the student’s transcript must accompany this enrollment form.
- All students must be at least 18 years of age at the time of enrollment
- Students must be currently enrolled and classified as a high school senior, college freshman or sophomore, or a career college student
- All potential candidates must have a GPA of 2.5 or above
- Each student must provide their own Transportation
- All applicants must successfully pass the organization’s pre-employment screenings
How to Enroll
- Fill out the attached enrollment form
- Return completed applications to the address below before April 30, 2013 to be considered
Include in the subject line: Student Ambassador
Applications will be accepted
Saturday, October 20th at 4300 Concorde Road
8:00am – 11:30am
- 40 hours + per week.
- Hours, shifts and days will vary.
- Shifts may start as early as 3:00am and as late as 11:30pm.
- *$10.60 per hour
- *$11.70 per hour for forklift drivers
*Note – shift differential pay may apply
|Job Title||Job Description|
|Merchandise Processors – Monogrammers, Reviewer, Quality Assurance, and Runner||Monogram Operators: Associates will be trained to operate a Monogramming Machine that will allow them to personalize items for customer orders.
Reviewer: Walking consistently through the assigned cell in search of damaged items to bring to the attention of the lead or pre-QA associate.
Quality Assurance: Inspection of completed monogrammed item to ensure accuracy.
Runner: Ensure the product is distributed to the machine operators
|Merchandise Processors – Pickers/Stockers
|Picker: Associates will accurately pick merchandise for customer orders.
Stockers: Associates will replenish the bins with merchandise.
|Merchandise Processors – Forklift Drivers
|Forklift Drivers: Must have previous forklift experience for these positions. Forklift drivers must successfully complete a Williams – Sonomaforklift certification class and be able to operate a Reach Truck, Order Picker, Swing Reach, Counterbalance and 537.|
|Merchandise Processor – DC Clerk||Wave Closure: Work to research and close waves to drive positive service level results.
ALS: Work to correct all PZ exceptions in a timely manner and build new monogram sew jobs.