The City of Memphis’ Youth Ambassador Program for Memphis high school students, is seeking around 250 new students entering the 10th, 11th, and 12th grades to apply for their year round enrichment program.
Applications accepted February 13th-March 16th. Students are to complete the online application at the City of Memphis’s Career Opportunities Page. Eligible students will be interviewed in April, and they will begin the program in June. *This is not a summer jobs program. It is year round.*
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
See Also: Kids Are Alright | The Fly-By | Memphis Flyer.
Office of Youth Services and Community Affairs.
CITY OF MEMPHIS YOUTH
Preparing the Youth of Memphis
for a Prosperous Tomorrow
City of Memphis Youth Ambassadors Program is a year-round enrichment program that targets area youth in grades 10, 11 and 12. MAP operates in nine sites covering the seven Memphis City Council Districts. Each site will be supported by a community cluster. Each cluster will include: Faith-based institutions, businesses, schools, neighborhood organizations, non-profits, government agencies, parents and volunteers. MAP participants are paid a quarterly stipend based on participation and attendance. For FAQs, click here.
- Civic & Social Responsibility
- Youth Leadership Development
- Post Secondary Preparation
- Community Partnerships & Collaborations
- Cultural Enrichment
- Green Initiatives
- Life Skills Training
- Career Exploration
- Financial Literacy
- Parental Involvement
- Applicants must complete an online application (Feb 28th – March 25th, 2011)
Learn How To Register And Apply Here.
- Using a random computer-based lottery process, applicants will be selected by City Council Districts, and given a rank during the week of April 4th, 2011.
- The highest ranking applicants per City Council District will be invited to an interview. At which time, he or she (along with a parent) will provide proof of Memphis residency, sign a program commitment letter and other applicable paperwork. Interviews will occur during the week of April 18th – April 22nd, 2011.
- See Frequently Asked Questions
MAP Locations: Community Centers
District 1 North Frayser
District 1 Raleigh
District 2 Hickory Hill
District 3 Whitehaven
District 4 Glenview
District 5 Gaisman
District 6 Westwood
District 7 Greenlaw (MAM)
At Large Site LeMoyne Owen
<!– End A Blocks <! Begin Bottom Block