The Tennessee Department of Labor is recruiting for Greyhound Bus Drivers
January 7, 2015 10:00-3:00 at Central Library, Meeting Room C, 3030 Poplar Ave., 38111
Professional Motorcoach Operator Job Description
A Greyhound Motorcoach Operator is a person capable of leadership, great responsibility, flexibility, communications skills, and initiative. As the face of Greyhound, safe on-time driving, excellent customer service, dependability and professionalism are the cornerstones of this career. You are always in the public eye so professional dress and behavior is required at all times. You must communicate effectively with your customers. You must be able to move/lift baggage and packages weighing as much as 100 pounds. You are on-call 24/7 and at times you may be away from home for three or more days. You are required to complete detailed records such as passenger counts, driving logs and safety records.
- At least 22 years of age
- A valid driver’s license
- Preferred not required three (3) year’s driving experience (Commercial or private); If no cdl or driving experience, candidate must be able to pass test and obtain permit before driving school. (paid training)
- Able to move/lift up to100 pounds
- Good character and positive work history
- Consent to a background check and alcohol/drug screen
- Pass a background check (MVR, Criminal, Extended Employment Verification)
- Dishonorable discharge and felony convictions will be reviewed by the hiring team at the home office
6. Good driving record
- No more than two (2) moving convictions/accidents in the past three (3) years or no more than three (3) moving convictions/accidents in the past five (5) years) (Speeding, tailgating, improper passing, failure to yield, Illegal turns, running a red light/stop sign are examples of moving violations)
- No license suspensions in the past ten years (Suspensions for physicals, insurance lapses, failure to pay fine and failure to appear are exempt)
- No driving convictions related to alcohol or illegal drugs.
Visit www.jobs4tn.gov and use keyword Greyhound.