Category Archives: Job Listings
Sales – Local Sales Manager – WMC Information
Back to List | Apply Now
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 86 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WMC-TV, is a NBC-affiliated television station licensed to Memphis, Tennessee. The station is owned by Gray Television. WMC-TV’s studios are located on Union Avenue in midtown Memphis. The station serves roughly the western third of Tennessee, northern Mississippi, eastern Arkansas and the southeastern corner of Missouri. WMC-TV is the Mid-South’s leading multi-media company providing news, weather and entertainment, serving our community with integrity and excellence.
WMC-TV, in Memphis TN., has an opening for a Local Sales Manager. This position is responsible for leading WMC’s local sales team, including growing share, new business development, and achievement of revenue goals for both broadcast and digital platforms. We are looking for an LSM that is driven to create a purposeful and supportive culture that focuses on our team’s success both individually and collectively. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, presentation & leadership skills with a proven history of exceeding advertising sales goals. One must a strategic thinker who not only creates sales opportunities for advertisers but also continues development of our sales team via training and coaching.
General Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• With guidance from the Director of Sales, set the overall tone for the local sales department by providing exemplary leadership in accordance with mutually agreed upon sales goals and priorities
• Clearly define account executive performance expectations and measurement processes to assure account executives efforts and attention will lead to achievement of those expectations
• Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings and quarterly strategy meetings with each Account Executive
• Assist in accurately forecasting revenue throughout the year & exceed quarterly & annual forecasts
• Develop relationships with our clients and key prospects via frequent visibility. This includes being active in the sales process, getting out on sales calls and entertaining clients
• Manage, alongside the General Sales Manager and National Sales Manager, inventory and rates to maximize station revenue and achieve and exceed revenue goals
• Manage, alongside the Digital Sales Manager, our internet and web sales efforts to achieve and exceed revenue goals
• Meet and exceed our departmental goals for Revenue, Market Share, New Business, Returning Business and Digital
• Collaborate with Media Analytics Director in creation of research strategy to assist in our sales efforts
• Communicate and Cross Collaborate effectively with other Managers and Supervisors
• Perform other duties as assigned by management and meet expectations
• Perform all other tasks as needed
Ideal candidate has a minimum of 4 years Broadcast or Radio media sales management experience, Broadcast Media experience is a plus….
Qualifications Requirements –
• A creative mind with proven ability to generate revenue for the company and advertisers
• The ability to analyze issues thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively
• Ability to communicate effective and persuasive sales presentations
• Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships
• Has a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms
• Is a skilled negotiator and problem solver
• Has a passion to build and maintain strong client relationships
• Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including broadcast television and digital
• Has a track record of success in new business development
• Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory
• Takes full ownership of local budgets and revenue goals and is constantly developing strategies to overachieve
• Takes pride in being extremely well-organized and always prepared
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Is highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit and Matrix
Skills required –
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Minimum four years of media sales experience
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
• Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
• Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
• Experience with Wide Orbit Media Sales, Wide Orbit Traffic, and Matrix preferred
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
GRAY TELEVISION, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings