The Family Safety Center of Memphis and Shelby County, Inc. is a non-profit organization located in Memphis, TN, whose purpose is to effectively combine civil, criminal, health and social services in order to help victims of family violence. We are seeking a Director of Program Operations who is highly motivated and organized to build and manage our client services programs. This position will report to the Executive Director and will be an integral part of the growth of the organization.
Job Title: Director of Program Operations
Reports To: Executive Director
Positions Supervised: Client Services Manager, Emergency Housing Manager, Care Coordinators, Intake Coordinator, Receptionist
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday – Friday, other as required
Job Summary: Responsible for the organization’s operational success, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, and quality control and evaluation. Responsible for the planning, design, development, management, and monitoring of program operations. Duties include managing daily operations, supervising staff and volunteers, overseeing implementation of client programs, and ensuring goals, objectives and outcomes are met.
- Develop, design, implement, manage and oversee comprehensive client programs.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations.
- Establish standards, methods, and procedures for service delivery and ensure objectives are met.
- Plan and oversee weekly case staffing with CREA staff.
- Ensure the accuracy and legality of case records.
- Implement and oversee staff development and training related to client services and organizational policies and procedures.
- Implement and monitor compliance with staff and program policies, procedures and practices of the organization.
- Provide persuasive presentations as part of community education and speaking.
- Act as a liaison with community partners to ensure partner involvement and commitment to the organization and to client services.
- Act as liaison for victim complaints regarding FSC and partner services.
- Act as liaison with partner agencies to address victim complaints and service delivery efficiencies.
Program Management and Development
- Identify program goals, objectives and outcomes and ensure that they are met.
- Assist in achieving the overall goals and objectives for the organization.
- Develop and implement processes for evaluating and measuring program outcomes, impact and efficacy.
- Develop annual organizational program budgets as well as budgets for funders. Monitor and ensure that programs operate within approved budgets.
- Prepare periodic program reports as needed or required.
- Assist Executive Director with grant writing and reporting as needed.
- Staff the Board of Directors Operations Committee.
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
Skills and Abilities
- General knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence.
- Strong problem solving and group work leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in developing and implementing quality programs in a nonprofit setting.
- Strong administrative, supervisory and organizational skills, demonstrating people management and cross-functional team management.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Strong interpersonal skills along with being an effective communicator.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external contacts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, social work, counseling, psychology or related field and a Master’s in public health or administration or MBA required.
- Minimum of five years experience working in a nonprofit environment.
- Minimum of five years experience supervising staff, managing programs, operations and administration.
Family Safety Center Mission
Our mission is to provide one location that effectively combines civil, criminal, health and social services for victims of family violence.
Family Safety Center Vision
Our vision is a thriving community that embodies a spirit of compassion, collaboration and progressive change that values mutual respect, safety and serenity for all residents.
Family Safety Center Values
Honesty, Openness, and Accountability
Collaborative, Inclusive Teamwork
Dignity, Respect, Trust and Fairness
Persistence, Resilience and Dedication
Diversity and Equality
Hope, Healing, Safety and Justice
Interested applicants: Send cover letter and resume with salary history to: email@example.com
Application deadline: February 8, 2017